Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 05:02 PM

Default ITH Importance Question

I have read and reread WLLH, TOP, SSHE, and HEPFAP, and I am a winning player in B&Ms, I have set up an online account and am going to make my first deposit in a few weeks. I have never seen ITH at my local bookstore. With the books that I have read, is ITH a "Must Have" before I start to play. If it is a Must Have, what does it cover that the others do not??? I probably will have to order it which will take a week.

Living, Learning, and Laughing
Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: ITH Importance Question

Its not a must have. Re-read Theory of Poker and Small Stakes Holdem 3 or 4 more times.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is a Must Have, what does it cover that the others do not???

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps not a "Must Have," but still very worthwhile. I would recommend it because of the large number of hand examples. Ciaffone's "Middle Limit Holdem" is also good for this reason. (You should be aware that some of the advice in both books is often criticised as weak-tight.)
Old 01-07-2005, 06:28 PM

the real must have book for hand examples is real poker II. I got a copy for xmas and it is effing excellent. Kinda strange there's not more recommendations for it and that mason's review of it is very high, but i think one sentence long.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 PM

Cooke's book is great - one of my favorites and I agree - a must have. But Real Poker II is likely more useful for the B&M game because it discusses reads that just won't be available at the online game.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Cooke's book is great - one of my favorites and I agree - a must have. But Real Poker II is likely more useful for the B&M game because it discusses reads that just won't be available at the online game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that book is my favorite. not only did I get a lot out of it, but I actually enjoyed reading it. I have 0 attention span, so it's nice to only have to concentrate for 3 or 4 pages at a time