Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Default This may be completely pointless but...

I was thinking of this just now and I wanted to get some opinions from y'all.

When you are first dealt your cards at the beginning of a hand, do you think it's better to first look at your cards when you get them or when the action is on you?

I think that looking at them as soon as they are dealt means that there will be less attention paid to you, and therefore certain facial expressions will go unnoticed.

I don't know. This may be completely pointless. If it is, feel free to tell me.

The_Missile
Old 10-07-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: This may be completely pointless but...

I generally glance around at the other players before looking at my cards. However I don't wait until the action is on me to look, since that tends to slow down the game and piss people off.

Edit: use descriptive thread titles.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:51 PM

I like to watch all the other players and their reactions. Espically at small stakes and home games. After I started watching people I was suprised at how easy it was to read some people. In home games you can actually see people check their hole cards after the flop then stare at the card they paired.

Same with the flop, turn, and river. I don't watch the cards come out, I watch my opponets. Those eyes get as big as dinner plates when they flop a set.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:51 PM

Haha yeah sorry I didn't even know what to call this..."The Best Way to View Your Hole Cards"?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to watch all the other players and their reactions. Espically at small stakes and home games. After I started watching people I was suprised at how easy it was to read some people. In home games you can actually see people check their hole cards after the flop then stare at the card they paired.

Same with the flop, turn, and river. I don't watch the cards come out, I watch my opponets. Those eyes get as big as dinner plates when they flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. They're playing poker. But YOU'RE playing THEM!