Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Bush touts religion as a solution to drug addiction

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...drug_treatment

Wasn't Bush all about lowering the amount of govt. spending? I can understand increased spending due to 9/11 issues but why should my tax money go to a bunch of religious organizations? Is this guy for lower spending or just lower spending on stuff he doesn't understand or has never been around. He guts environmental laws but is also a nature lover. Of course, the elite Bush has grown up around will always have unspoiled terrain to appreciate due to their wealth but common people may not have that luxury if things keep going this way. Does Bush realize this and not care or does he just not give a rat's ass?
Bush is one of the worst Presidents of all time. What does he stand for when he does crap like this? He is lucky he has so much political capital from 9/11. Let's face it, you could put a junior high kid as President and he/she would know to kick Afghanistan's ass after 9/11. I can't believe that last year I thought he was doing great. The more and more I see of him the more I'm sure the stereotype of him (dumb and elitist) is accurate.
BTW, I don't blame Bush for the economy. This is part of the natural economic cycle. You don't get a boom like we had in the 90s without a sharp cutback to compensate for all the excesses.