Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Should I have done anything differently?

$.05/.10 NL at Pacific. 6 players

The table play ranged from loose-passive to inexplicable

SB-$3.58
BB-$5.10
UTG-$15.73
MP-$19.07
CO-$14.52
Hero-$10.80

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to hero.

Preflop: UTG folds. MP calls. CO raises to $.20. Hero calls. SB calls. BB calls. MP calls.

$1.00 in pot

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB goes all-in for $3.43. CO calls. Hero calls.

$10.74 in main pot.

Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CO goes all-in for $10.89. Hero calls.

$21.78 in side pot.

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Thoughts?

Result in white below:

<font color="white"> CO shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for bigger full house. Wins both pots. </font>
Old 04-01-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Should I have done anything differently?

Umm, you got burned. Not a whole lot different you could have done I suppose. Especially after you landed the boat. I suppose you consider folding to the all-in with the diamonds, but short of that...sucks.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 PM

That's sorta what I figured, Frog.

The reason I didn't fold to the SB's all-in is because I thought that was a very strange way to play a flopped flush in a raised pot.

I thought he was about 40% to have flopped an Ace, 40% to have 1 high diamond, and 20% to have flopped the flush.

Even, if the SB flopped the flush, I will catch up about 35% of the time.

Now, the CO's flop call did make me a bit nervous, but I figured that if the SB had made his flush than the CO's call helped my pot odds. No matter what, unless I improved, I was going to slow way down on the turn and river.

When I did improve and he went all-in, I figured that most of the time, he would be betting his flopped flush one street too late. I figured that the chance I was beat was less than 30%.

Overall, I think I played it okay.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:37 PM

That is just poker, you had a good hand. Sometimes you just have to take the loss. Good hand, not a bad play.