Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2002, 01:34 AM

Default followup from wsex on suspected collusion

Here is the reply I got from wsex (I only formatter the message as the line breaks were off...the text is as it appeared in the email):

Thank you for reporting this incident. I have checkout both players in question in this hand.

I have contacted both of them to let them know that we have received reports regarding their play. I have gone through their playing times, examined their win/loss percents (both together and overall), and went through prior hands played together.

While their playing history does not suggest that they are an astute team, the possibility of teaming up just once is too much for us.

Both individuals have been notified that they have been flagged in our system, and that our security staff will be notified when they are logged on and/or playing together.

Play will be monitored closely, and any future suspicion will result in the banning of these two player from playing together. We do not mind friends playing together, as long as the play is legitimate.

We certainly appreciate your interest in maintaining the integrity of WSEX

Poker. Our customers are our first line of defense when it comes to these matters.

Kindest regards,

Bob

WSEX Poker

Old 04-11-2002, 02:37 AM

Default Re: followup from wsex on suspected collusion

So maybe they did what they said, it's a possibility. Perhaps it's only lip service.

These two are still online and the victim didn't get a refund so who is the winner here?
Old 04-11-2002, 03:47 AM

I find their response to your report of possible collusion to be somewhat confusing and weak. They wrote that the players do not appear to be an "astute team," implying they are unsophisticated colluders. I wonder to what degree they base their conclusions on these players' win/loss record, which probably is not long enough to strongly support any conclusion.

They state that "the possibility of teaming up just once is too much for us" and also indicate the two players will be allowed to continue playing at the same table.

The statements about customers being "our first line of defense" and their "security staff" being notified when these players are "logged on and/or playing together" do not inspire much confidence in me. I would be pleasantly surprised if they really did have knowledgable poker experts available to monitor the live play of these players and others suspected of collusion.

At least WSEX had the competence to generate some sort of response to your report of possible collusion, which is more than I can say about one of 2+2's advertisers.

Old 04-11-2002, 02:52 PM

Default oh well

I don't think that email is worth the paper it isn't written on but at least they bothered to pretend they care.

such is life online
Old 04-11-2002, 10:02 PM

If they didn't care,

Yawn would not have received a response,

and no time would have been spent

researching dates, times played (alone and together) and researching hands played together for suspicious activity (such as that hand was).

As Yawn stated, he did not see anything else fishy between these two during the rest of that play.

Had the research turned up more 'questionable hands' then more severe action would have been taken. People should still be considered at least

'possibly innocent' until there is at least resonable evidence on which to base a cheating allegation. I play there everyday. I have played with both these players and have not run into any supicious hands between them (yet).

Old 04-14-2002, 08:29 PM

only takes but a second to fire off one of these types of 'template' responses. Researching hands....whatever. Someone should send in another complaint. Guarantee you'll get the same response with different names in there.

They accuse the 2 of possible team play "...the possibility of teaming up just once is too much for us." but they allow them to continue playing together. Now these 2 are going to back off for a few days knowing that they're being watched. Give them a week or so when they're old news and they'll be back to their old tricks.