Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 12:26 PM

Default Missing the obvious about the ACR incident

I've been reading alot about this issue with the confiscated $5500 from a player account at ACR lately since I feel money being confiscated from player accounts at will is a scary scenario. However, I fail to see how ACR would put their entire business at risk for a lousy $5500. In my mind they simply have to be very sure about what they're doing and I'm convinced these players did cheat and deserve these consequences. Picture yourselves looking at this from ACR's point of view, would you really risk your business for $5500? That's not even money for god's sake, not in this context at least.

FatLoser
Old 11-22-2002, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Missing the obvious about the ACR incident

Good post fatman, we need more posters like u [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Ken
Old 11-22-2002, 04:33 PM

Funny you mention that, as right now Party seems to be risking a good deal of their business due to the PPM fiasco. They could make things right by spending a few thousand bucks, which would come back to them 100 fold in the long term. Sometimes I think these people don't have much business savvy.

-- Homer
Old 11-22-2002, 05:48 PM

First of all, you don’t know what their financial situation is. Maybe they were under capitalized from the beginning, maybe they dipped into player’s deposits to pay themselves fat salaries and didn’t keep enough in reserve, or maybe they sucked all the profits up their noses.

Second of all, they served as the judge, jury, and executioner in a dispute where they were one of the disputing parties. That’s ridiculously absurd and illegal, but they can probably get away with it simply because of the difficulty the injured party would have if they tried to seek protection under the laws of wherever they have residence. In other words, they stole the money.

Tom D
Old 11-22-2002, 06:46 PM

I do not agree with your post Tom.
If they are undercapitalized and need money why would they only shut down one account and put any effort whatsoever into defending their cause. If they wanted to steal money they would shut down all accounts and simply take off with the money.

As for your second opinion, ACR is NOT serving as jury, judge and executioner. The online poker community is, and I don't think I need to explain why since it should be pretty clear to you if you take a moment or two to think about it.

FatLoser