Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 09:04 PM

Default no limit holdem ruling question

I have a question on a rule for no limit holdem.

What happens if you flip your cards over heads up before an all in? Are you auto folded?

The scenario is this:

heads up... 250 is bet after the river. I call and raise another 75 to go all in and flip my cards. I was folded by a bunch of so called friends.

Just checking the offical rule if anyone knows, cuz I'm very sure I am allowed to show my cards heads up only.

(folded if 3 or more are in the flop)
Old 04-08-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: no limit holdem ruling question

Does anyone at least know a site that has all the rules? not how to play.. but stuff like the question i asked about flipping your cards before the hand is over.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone at least know a site that has all the rules? not how to play.. but stuff like the question i asked about flipping your cards before the hand is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robert's Rules
Old 04-08-2005, 10:13 PM

If you are all-in heads up and last to act, I can't see why you can't show your cards. (But you have to be heads-up for obvious reasons...) If you are not last to act, you can't show your cards because if that helps your opponent, other players can be offended by that, cause you help another player making a better play.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM

THe relevant rules, from this thread :

[ QUOTE ]
40. A player who exposes his cards during the play may incur a penalty, but will not have his hand killed. If any player at the table saw the exposed cards, any other player has a right to know what the exposed card or cards were. If a player unintentionally exposes his cards during play, his hand will not be ruled dead. If any player at the table saw the exposed card(s), then any other player at the table has the right to know what the exposed card(s) was.

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, your hand is definitely not dead.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:25 PM

I think what he is refering to is intentionally exposing your cards when you are last to act heads up to get a read on your oppenent. I have used this a few times in home games when someone has gone all in and everyone folded, when it was my action i flipped my hand over and got a read off of the guy and called with the winning hand.