Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 12:55 PM

Default A river decision with KQs

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River: (14.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
Old 06-26-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: A river decision with KQs

Oops. I meant not to post my action, but that's ok. I'll throw up the results later.

I should have also mentioned that I was new to the table and hadn't played much lately, these players are unfamiliar to me.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:57 PM

I think you might have heard from a ten by now. I'd be inclined to raise and have my puke bucket ready.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:25 PM

I haven't read the replies just yet, but here's my opinion.

I would lean towards betting on the river here, it's a close call here so I'm not entirely sure that checking isn't all that bad either. I'd probably hinge my decision on the players involved and how bad/good they are...
Old 06-26-2004, 03:55 PM

5 players to the river...hmm...no one on that draw. I'd rather just check this one.

What if you do bet and someone check/raises...will you call? Cause I don't think that is the right play at all.

If B Dids is saying that if someone bet you should raise, I don't think that is right either but maybe he typed wrong since no one bet.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:03 PM

I just can't see that a bet on the river is the right play here. You will get raised by any T, and I don't know that you can call the check-raise.

What worse hand is gonna call you? A worse Q? I guess it is possible, but the best worse Q that doesn't beat you is Q6s, possible at this level I guess. Perhaps KJ or AJ is gonna pay you off, and it is quite possible that a J might have stuck around trying to hit the 4 outer.

I doubt I could pull the trigger here, but I have been at tables where I might have fired into that board on the end. But as you said, you had no reads on this table yet. I show it down and cross my fingers.

Gojacketz