Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Flopped trips in the BB

Villans weren't remarkable, but they seemed more on the fishy side than the TAG side.

I see alot of people bust with trips under trips, savagely overplaying them in such a way that they only get called when they are behind, and I always think to myself: "Don't these people know how obvious their hand is? Everyone can see the two Xes on the board!" As such, I tend to play them, particulaly non-nut trips, slower than most, but I'm pretty sure I went way overboard here:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

SB (t1070)
Hero (t1885)
UTG (t1625)
MP (t2635)
CO (t1275)
Button (t1510)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls t50, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t50</font>, Hero calls t50, MP calls t50.

Turn: (t300) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t200</font>, SB calls t100, Hero calls t100?!?

River: (t900) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks?!?
Old 01-26-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Flopped trips in the BB

Pretty read dependant but you've got a pretty srong kicker. I probably would play it aggressivly.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Flopped trips in the BB

on the turn i reraise big here. i think the SB may be bluffing on the flop to take it down, and i think the call is good here. i would've raise the turn originally b/c i think the A may have sucked in the SB, and maybe the other guy too. i raise about 3-400 here, and see what happens. a call is never good, but i think that MP2 probably folds to that raise, and given that the SB checked to open on the river, you may take down a good pot with the turn raise.