Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 05:27 PM

Default Republicans Taking After The Torch

OK, the Republican running for senate against Baucus in the land of z can't take the heat. web page So he is quitting hoping Rocicot can run as a write in or some such thing. This is crazy. I mean the Democrat runs one nasty ad portraying you as gay and you quit? Come on. Even in a conservative state you could have a lot of fun with that. Even if you lose, you have to fight not quit. I'm running as a carpetbagger next time in MT if they can't do better than this. We'll have a hilarious campaign. I'll list z's address as my home after I win.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Republicans Taking After The Torch

Even in this conservative state this guy never stood a chance.

Ed I
Old 10-10-2002, 07:41 PM

Fine, but if Rocicot stands a better chance (I'm sure he does, even if he loses) it is terrible to replace a candidate in favor of a better one, just because the lousy candidate is going to lose. The Republicans should have nominated someone better. So when I run, will you and z advise me accurately on how to sell grazing v. fishing, or will you two just tell me to help fish and blow the election? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] How does a moderate platform of the elimination of Social Security, Medicare, Education Dept., and IRS sound?
Old 10-10-2002, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Better Article On Subject.

Here's a better article. What a loser this guy is. He spends $1 million and quits like a total wuss. I could have shown him up as an idiot for a lot less than that if he would have hired me. web page At least the Republicans are not going to do a Torch run. I would have been disappointed in Rocicot.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Better Article On Subject.

alot about this guy has come out in the last week. he would be crazy to continue on, not just because he will lose, he is getting smeared with all the stuff being dragged up from his checkered past.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:01 PM

well, he couldnt beat baucus at any time or place. so it is bad decision for the dems. to get on him too badly, as the result could be radiscot(our ex gov.) running and he would trounce baucus easily in this repub. conservative state of montana.
the reason baucus wins every time is that although he is dem. on the ballot he votes mostly repub., in all his decisions.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:09 PM

your platform is alot like baucus's . i am a little more liberal than you hdpm, so i will abstain from casting anything other than a 4 weight fly line.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:04 PM

Default Name to remain on ballot

Within 85 days of an election a candidate is not allowed to drop out. The only way to get Taylor's name off the bollot is to seek a court order. Write-in candidates can file until Oct.21.