Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2003, 04:16 AM

Default MG meets Mat Sklansky at the Trop in AC

As luck would have it Mat Sklansky had business to conduct in Atlantic City tonight. He sent an open invitation to any 2 + 2ers in the area to meet up.

Since I normally play in the $30 buy in tournament, I mailed Mat and told him to look out for me.

I spotted Mat as soon as I walked into the room. He had already registered for the tournament. The Trop limited the tournament to 150 entrants. I missed the cutoff and couldnt compete in the tourney.

I played in a good 4-8 game and Mat played the tourney. The one hand I saw him play, he open raised and everyone folded. Not bad for someone who doesnt play in too many tournaments. We made plans to go get dinner if he got busted out of the tournament.

Mat did bust out and we went to Corkys a barbeque restaraunt for dinner. We didnt talk about poker, which I found refreshing.However, we did discuss how poorly run the Trop runs its poker room.

After dinner we went our own seperate ways. I went to my car, had a quick smoke made a few calls, changed my shirt and then went back to the poker room. Mat took $100 put it in a video poker game and made himself a nice score. Go Mat [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I got seated pretty quickly back into the 4-8 game I had left before dinner. The dynamic of the game changed, yet the table was still a profitable table for me.

Mat found me at the table to tell me about his new found fortune. He had a beer in his hand and asked if I wanted to go out for a night on the town. It would be his treat, since he won some money. When it comes to partying and having a good time, especially for free, nobody has to twist my arm to partake. I racked my chips and we left.

Mat and I went to one spot. We didnt like the atmosphere so we left. We talked a lot during on the ride.

When I dropped Mat off at the Trop he told me to post the trip report. I guess its because we did have a rather interesting night. I will let Mat add more details if he likes.

Old 05-23-2003, 09:47 AM

Default Re: MG meets Mat Sklansky at the Trop in AC

Sounds like fun..... dou you know how the interview went?
Hope you didnt end up at one of those skank strip clubs [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]