Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 05:12 PM

Default whats the best line here

i never know what to do when i get a flop like this....should i lead out, check raise, or check call whats the best way to play this in your guys opinion??

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter

MP3 ($198)
CO ($121.15)
Button ($85.45)
SB ($133.45)
Hero ($421.75)
UTG ($183.20)
UTG+1 ($196)
MP1 ($179.60)
MP2 ($180)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $8</font>, MP2 calls $8, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $18</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls $18.

Turn: ($61) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($61) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $101
Old 09-23-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: whats the best line here

I usually do a weak-lead this flop ($15ish) to induce a bluff. It helps build the pot, so by the river, you can get more value from your FH.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:08 PM

I believe this is very read dependent.

Against an opponent who is bad/very straight-foward/no reads yet, I lead for like ~$10-12 on the flop. A little bet that is dying to get AK-AQ to play back at it, or TT/JJ/QQ to make a nice re-raise, where you can 3-bet and commit both your stacks to the pot.

Against an opponent that I've been playing back at and check-raising his PFR continuation bets, I would play it the way I was playing those.

He shuts down after you call the PSB on the flop. He missed, made a continuation bet and is now hoping you have a something weak that he can win in a showdown, he's check/folding.

If you call the flop, I lead the turn for 1/2 pot. You can't check/call with a flop this powerful.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:56 PM

I think it depends on your table image. If i'm seen as the table leader and am constantly putting people in their place, i like the lead out, something like half the pot. Will your opponent play back at you with nothing, or is he tight weak? the trickier the opponent, the more aggressive i think you can be.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:03 PM

I like weak leading the flop almost all the time. If he raises sometimes i'll call and weaklead the turn again. It gets opponents frustrated and youd be surprised they call down just to see what you have. Sometimes I weak lead/threebet. If I have an opponent that has an extremely low pfr I'll shove the flop. It varies from opponent to opponent but I'd say 90% of the time i'm leading this flop.