Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Pokernow and Party at the same time?

I just recently opened up an account with PokerNOW and have an account with Party. I have both programs installed on the same computer. If neither program is open and I click on each icon the correct program opens up. But if I have Party running then minimize it and click on the PokerNow icon all it does is bring the Party screen back up, and the same thing happens if i try it the other way. Has this happened to anybody else and if so any ways around it in order to datamine? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Pokernow and Party at the same time?

I'd never had them both open at the same time, but after reading your post I tried it. Same result.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:30 PM

In order to run both at once, you have to have the one open and running and install the other at the same time the other is running. So if you start up party,, then download PokerNOW and run the setup file, you are good to go. Dont worry about uninstalling just install right overtop.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:42 PM

so you would have to install everytime you would want to open them both up? Is it the same for empire and other skins?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you would have to install everytime you would want to open them both up? Is it the same for empire and other skins?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the issue is just when you try to run Party and PokerNow at the same time. You can all the other skins at the same time with no issues.

BTW, to clarify, you don't have to download the PokerNow install program each time to workaround the issue, just install it. If you save a copy to your hard drive, you can just run that after starting Party, no download needed.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:02 PM

wouldn't reinstalling the program over and over cause a build up of excess memory on your computer?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't reinstalling the program over and over cause a build up of excess memory on your computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Repetitive installations should not affect your memory. The memory used by the installation program will be released when the installation completes, and the memory used by Party and PokerNow will be released when the respective poker client is closed. Since you are only installing the poker client once for each time you run it, there would not be any build up beyonf the regular amount of memory the software takes up.

The only build-up impact may be a growing installation file, but the size would still be neglible (a few lines of a text file), and that file could deleted without much serious impact (you would not be able to uninstall the client if the installation log isn't there, but you can always reinstall to recreate the installation log, enabling you to uninstall)

Additionally, it would probably be a good idea to defragment your hard drive more often if you are doing this alot.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:37 PM

I was just unsuccessful even trying to create a PokerNow account (I already have one on Party and Empire). Is there any way around this without having my original accounts deleted?
Old 01-24-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just unsuccessful even trying to create a PokerNow account (I already have one on Party and Empire). Is there any way around this without having my original accounts deleted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there are a number of threads on this subject. Most discuss doing a Registry clean, while others mention using a "clean" computer (one that's never had Party or any skin installed on it). You could either do a search or find a thread probably only a few pages back.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the issue is just when you try to run Party and PokerNow at the same time. You can all the other skins at the same time with no issues.

BTW, to clarify, you don't have to download the PokerNow install program each time to workaround the issue, just install it. If you save a copy to your hard drive, you can just run that after starting Party, no download needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moondogg, I've not done this before, but have read the various other threads that discuss the topic. As I've recently set up my Party and skins with PV and table mods, I'm assuming that if I wanted to do this, then I'd have to go in and change the table image back to the mod I use (after installing). Correct?

I say I'm assuming, but I believe I'm 100% accurate on this, as the install should override any and all existing files. Obviously, PV itself will still work, it will just put the data over the standard party table image.