Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Flopped set with monotone board

I feel I have trouble playing these hands. Did I do anything wrong?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Ah 9h (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Qc Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.75 BB. </font>
Old 06-29-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Flopped set with monotone board

That looks great to me. I played a hand almost the exact same way yesterday and took down a nice sized pot.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:32 PM

Well played. The turn raise is a tough one to make with a scary board but clearly the right decision, IMO. In this case it is possible that it won the pot for you (if BB folded a diamond).

The river call I think is fairly easy to make heads-up. I think it becomes a tough decision to make with one or two opponents left to act and a decent sized, but not huge pot.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:33 PM

I think you played the hand fine. I wouldn't put UTG+1 on the flush, but when the 4th card falls I think it's fine to not go crazy.

UTG+1's turn bet is weird. I've see this a lot, where people think they're cute and slowplay TP iffy kicker.

I adore playing against people who try to "make plays". Usually it means that they'll throw some bets at you when you've got them destroyed.