Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Adjustments for moving down/4tabling

I recently moved back down to the 22s from the 55s because I finally got a flat panel monitor that lets me 4-table. The first week or so has been pretty rough. Are there any adjustments that you guys have found helpful when moving back down limits or 4-tabling that I might not be seeing?

(I know, I know . . . post hands. I'm working on finding some good ones. Just humor me in the meantime.)
Old 11-09-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Adjustments for moving down/4tabling

How many tables did you play before? If it was just 1, try doing 2 or 3 before jumping to 4.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:20 AM

I was usually 2 tabling, sometimes 3.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:25 AM

the key to multitabling is developing a style that allows you to make the least amount of decisions as possible...I 8 table better than I 4 table. When I 4 table I become antsy and start playing too many hands. When I 8 table, I seem to make all the right preflop folds. Playing to many hands is a huge problem while Multing. The more decisions that need to be made, the more mistakes.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM

The two biggest adjustments I had to make when I did this were:

1.) Realize that many donks are loose/weak *even on the bubble*. So you often have to dramatically raise your pushing standards. You have time to wait, because they aren't pushing into you either. This isn't always the case, but it happens frequently.

2.) The range of talent is very wide, from 2+2ers to total fish. Reads become very important for many decisions. Four-tabling makes it tougher, but such is life.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Pretty much, SNGs become a science to me, pretty rule-based. (I 8-table the $55s)

Fold many hands early on, UNLESS you've seen evidence that you're going up against a total donk that has sucked out and doubled up already (in which case, try to take his chips).

Wait until level 4-5, then let the push-botting begin. Get used to using the check/fold buttons a lot, especially on your BB in the first 3 rounds. Acting ahead of turn is CRUCIAL.