Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Cell phone goes off in class

So this chicks cell phone goes off in class. It's on vibrate but it's in her cell phone clip so it's rattling really really loud. She just freezes and stares at the teacher while he's lecturing. This sucker rings like 7-8 times and after it quits ringing, she reaches around to her side and checks to see who it was.

omg I wanted to punch her in the face...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Cell phone goes off in class

... and u didn't because?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 PM

I hope you go to school in Iowa City and not Des Moines.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 PM

next time tell her that hitting the volume button or even "end" will often stop the buzzing. then in the most solemn voice you can muster say "and knowing is half the battle", and just kind of nod....
Old 09-14-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
next time tell her that hitting the volume button or even "end" will often stop the buzzing. then in the most solemn voice you can muster say "and knowing is half the battle", and just kind of nod....

[/ QUOTE ]
....and then smack her in the face.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So this chicks cell phone goes off in class. It's on vibrate but it's in her cell phone clip so it's rattling really really loud. She just freezes and stares at the teacher while he's lecturing. This sucker rings like 7-8 times and after it quits ringing, she reaches around to her side and checks to see who it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a training session a few weeks ago and a guy in my class had his cell phone ring while the instructor was lecturing.

1) The phone was not on vibrate.
2) The phone's volume was set at maximum.
3) The guy had to dig through his knapsack for it, allowing it to ring an additional 3 or 4 times.
4) The guy actually *answers* the phone.
5) The guy doesn't leave the class, but instead remains seated.
6) He then proceeds to argue loudly in Filipino with someone for a good 5-10 minutes. So loudly that it was impossible to hear the instructor.

Finally the coversation ends and he hangs up, but...

7) He then proceeds to call someone else and talk in Filipino for another few minutes.

It was surreal.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a training session a few weeks ago and a guy in my class had his cell phone ring while the instructor was lecturing.

3) The guy had to dig through his knapsack for it, allowing it to ring an additional 3 or 4 times.
6) He then proceeds to argue loudly in Filipino with someone for a good 5-10 minutes. So loudly that it was impossible to hear the instructor.

7) He then proceeds to call someone else and talk in Filipino for another few minutes.

It was surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt anyone politly ask him to stfu??
Old 09-15-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

SIIHP
Old 09-15-2005, 12:13 AM

bltches areoften stupid, what can you do
Old 09-15-2005, 12:18 AM

One of the top 5 funniest moments in my college career:

In a math class being taught by a Hasidic Jewish professor.
This is during a test, and prof has said that a cell phone going off will result in a 20 point penalty on the exam.

My friend Lori forgot to turn off her phone, and unbeknownst to her at the time, one of her cousins had set the ring tone to "Hava Negila" (sp?)

So the traditional jewish medely goes off, and Lori does't know it is her, as it is not her normal ring tone. The professor starts fuming, and asking if this was someone's idea of a joke. I was sitting right behind her, and when i realized the sound was coming from my friend's bag, I burst out laughing.

The prof storms over to me, and demands to see my phone. I produced the powered down phone from my pocket, and the prof hands me back my phone in disgust, and walks back to the front of the room , by the time he gets back to the front, the ringing stopped