Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 02:02 PM

Default AQ a popular hand last night

Playing .5/1 at Empire. In 200 hands I get AQo seven times. Here's the first

10 players hero see A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP3. SB and BB LP-P, Villian is LA-P,
All fold to Hero raises CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.
4 players 4BB
Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB Checks, BB Checks, Hero bets, all call
4 players 8BB
Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB Checks, BB Bets, Hero raises , CO calls, SB folds, BB 3-bets, Hero calls, CO calls.
3 players 14BB
River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB Checks, Hero checks, CO bets, both call.

I don't think I played it bad. Should I have called the re-raise on the turn? The pot was big enough that I thought it was worth it to call down.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: AQ a popular hand last night

I find these kind of situations very interesting. I usually do calldowns like this without a second thought, but I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it.

I think that a passive player wakeing up on the turn, betting att a player that has shown a lot of aggression almost allways means something.

It would be interesting if someone with a big .5/1 database would make an estimate of how often top-pair actually is good in these situations. It wouldn't surprise me if the probability is very close to zero.

I can't make the bets add up correctly. There are 8BB on the turn and 14 BB on the river but 9 BB is put in during the turn. With .75 rake there should still be 16.25BB left... In that case I think the turn call is ok (but marginal). Your A out are tainted but your Q outs are probably good...

EDIT:
Sorry about that. Your Q outs are tainted as well... They might still be worth 3 together with the aces though (and thats what you need), but I'm not sure.