Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 12:25 AM

Default River play.

PP $5/10 6max, the usual cast of characters.

Reads: UTG is slight loose-aggressive, decent overall. MP is a calling station. Button likes to see flops, is loose and generally passive, but will bail easier than a lot of loose passives. BB walks the line between good TAG and LAG. He's a good handreader, capable of making moves, and can be very aggressive -- too aggressive in fact. It's probably his biggest fault. He's capable of slowing down when people beat him over the head though. His stats are something like 31/28/2.5 for those who want to get a handle on what range of hands he can have.

UTG raises. MP coldcalls. Button coldcalls. I'm in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 3-bet. BB calls two. UTG calls. MP calls. Button calls. Four to the flop for 12SB.

The flop is a beautiful A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet. BB raises. UTG folds. MP calls. Button folds. I elect to 3-bet. BB calls. MP folds. Two to the turn for a metric fuckton of bets.

The turn is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet. BB raises. I 3-bet. BB caps.

The river is the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: River play.

i like it. checking probably wins 2 bets instead of the 1 you'll likely get by betting.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:41 AM

I like it. He would have just called a bet with 86s but there is no way this guy checks it behind. 99 you might have been able to bet 3-bet but if so he will probably 3-bet your c/r anyhow. Same with 77 to a lesser extent. I don't see much of a downside to the play.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:11 PM

Bump. FPS?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Bet the river and then 3-bet with glee.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:39 PM

You don't think you'll get to 3bet more often than not here? My first instinct was also bet-3bet, but I don't know how this game (or opponent) plays.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 PM

There's only two hands he could possibly have here if he's a solid player, 99 or 77. The BB cold call preflop, flop raise and smooth call combo, then firing again on the turn... there really can't be much else.

Irregardless I think the river is going to be capped, but I think the best way to do so is just lead out. He will raise which at least guarantees you a 3-bet. A checkraise on the river might be enough to slow him down for you to only get 2BB.