Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 10:05 PM

Default $2-$2 big pot, about to be 3/4\'ed

Pre-flop Dealt to hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Utg calls, villain 1 calls, utg +2 calls, 1 fold, Villain 2 calls, co+1 calls, co folds, button folds, hero checks.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Yahtzee! (sorta)

Hero checks, utg checks, villain 1 bets, utg+2 calls, villain 2 2-bets, co+1 calls, hero 3-bets, utg folds, villain 1 calls, utg +2 calls, villain calls, co+1 calls.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, villain 1 2-bets, utg+2 calls, villain 2 3-bets, co+1 calls, hero calls, villlain 1 caps, utg+2 folds, villain 2 calls, co+1 calls, hero calls.

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, villain 1 bets, villain 2 2-bets, co+1 calls, hero calls, villain 1 3 bets, villain 2 caps, co+1 calls, hero calls.

I slowed down on turn for obvious reasons. Should I be raising this hand pf OOP? Since I do hold the 5, I really can't dump the hand right?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: $2-$2 big pot, about to be 3/4\'ed

I just realised that co+1 folded on the river. Only villain 1,2 and myself put money in on the end. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:31 PM

No way I fold this. Do I get 3/4'ered, maybe. But it won't happen enough with the 6 high straight in my hand and the nut low to cost me money in the long run.

Dave
Old 09-11-2005, 10:23 PM

I raise this for value preflop. OOP or not, this is a great hand and should be raised from anywhere, unless you are trying to disguise your hand. Obviously a great flop and you should be jamming. By the way the action on the turn and river turned out, yes you are probably only getting 1/4th of this one, but that is just unlucky. Even being quartered, calling down should show a profit on the hand.