Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Chad Johnson is hilarious

I think guys that are confident but have a sense of humor in the NFL are great. Check out this Chad Johnson story:

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Trying to add a little spice to the upcoming Browns vs. Bengals game, Cincinnati WR Chad Johnson sent a bottle of Pepto Bismol to Cleveland defensive backs Daylon McCutcheon, Anthony Henry, Robert Griffith and Earl Little. "I sent all the Browns DBs some Pepto Bismol, to cure them of their sickness," said Johnson. "They're going to get tired of covering me." Inside McCutcheon's box, Johnson wrote a note that said: "Daylon, Just wanted to add a little color and relief to your week. All the best, Chad."
Old 10-14-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Chad Johnson is hilarious

He had me at the sign:

"NFL, Please don't fine me"
Old 10-15-2004, 04:04 AM

I thought it was funny when he and another WR on his team (Peter Warrick? I can't remember his name, the kid who got into trouble for accepting gifts while playing at FSU) gave each other the nicknames "Waffle House" and "Seven-Eleven".

Of course, someone asked the two wide-outs why they called each other "Waffle House" and "Seven-Eleven".

"Cuz we're always open!"
Old 10-15-2004, 10:22 AM

Yeah I heard that and thought it was hilarious, now hopefully he can back it up (he is on my fantasy team lol).
Old 10-15-2004, 10:26 AM

I usually dont care too much for all the trash talking that a lot of the WRs do in the NFL, but to actually do do something this creative...he has earned my respect.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually dont care too much for all the trash talking that a lot of the WRs do in the NFL, but to actually do do something this creative...he has earned my respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read another article, that mentioned part of the reason he did it is that he's partnered with Pepto Bismol to raise money for breast cancer research. I guess for each catch this season, they donate some money, so that's probably part of the reason for the stunt.

I did like that most of the Cleveland players did admit it was kind of funny.

And he better back it up, since I have him on two fantasy teams as well!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:49 PM

I heard it on Bob and Tom this morning, but I think they misquoted because they said the whole team.

I agree that some of that trash talking is annoying, but Chad Johnson is just great lol. The Please dont fine me sign was awesome too.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:46 PM

I beleive that in the game following his creative from of trash talking, Johnson had merely 3 catches for 39 yards along with 4 dropped balls. So much for making the DB's sick
Old 10-18-2004, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I beleive that in the game following his creative from of trash talking, Johnson had merely 3 catches for 39 yards along with 4 dropped balls. So much for making the DB's sick

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I have him on two fantasy teams. They're throwing him a lot of passes still, but he had a lot of drops I guess. They need Warrick to get healthy so there's more than one receiving threat.