Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Card Tricks...

Does anyone have any good card tricks they might be willing to explain to the forum? I have a good friend that can feel the tip of a card and tell you which card it is, he says hes capable of this because his fingers are extra sensitive and hes never burnt them. I dont buy it, any ideas??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Card Tricks...

[ QUOTE ]
I dont buy it, any ideas??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he's full of [censored].
Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any good card tricks they might be willing to explain to the forum? I have a good friend that can feel the tip of a card and tell you which card it is, he says hes capable of this because his fingers are extra sensitive and hes never burnt them. I dont buy it, any ideas??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know one that's purely mathematical but is still pretty cool to see for the 1st time. But I think it would take way too long to type out.

Also, your buddy is full of it - the tip of each card is nominally the same; the ink is the only part that is different.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:06 PM

Is the mathematical trick the one where the end result is the card value being how many cards are left in your last pile?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a good friend that can feel the tip of a card and tell you which card it is, he says hes capable of this because his fingers are extra sensitive and hes never burnt them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend is not lying. I can do this too.

To the poster who said that the only difference in cards is the ink on the faces and not their ends, this is not correct. A few hours of practice, if you have adequately sensitive fingers, will allow one to discern between cards purely by feeling their tips.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:11 AM

(spread the deck face-up) Pick a card, any card!

(somebody picks a card--let's say the 4 of clubs)

(take out your cell phone, and dial; wait for the person you're calling to answer) Hello, is Mr Wizard there? (wait for Mr Wizard to come to the phone) Mr Wizard, I've got a guy here who picked a card, tell him what it is!

(hand the phone to the person who picked the card. Tell him to say "hello?". He will hear Mr Wizard say, "You picked the 4 of clubs," and hang up.)

At this point, someone will suggest you gave Mr Wizard a verbal clue. Tell them to pick another card, and you will call Mr Wizard again, and say the exact same words.

They pick the 8 of Hearts. You press redial, and when they answer, you say, "Hello, is Mr Wizard there?" After a pause, you say, "Mr Wizard, I've got a guy here who picked a card, tell him what it is!"

Hand them the phone. Tell them to say "hello". When they do, they hear Mr Wizard say, "You picked the 8 of Hearts", and hang up.

Solution in white:

<font color="white"> Obviously, you have arranged in advance for a friend to wait by the phone and play the role of Mr Wizard. When his phone rings at the appointed time, he picks it up, but does not say "hello?". Instead, he says, "Ace, King, Queen, Jack, ten, nine, eight...", and when you want him to stop, you say, "Hello, is Mr Wizard there?" Now he knows the rank. He responds, "Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts..." You interupt again, saying, "Mr Wizard, I've got a guy here who picked a card, tell him what it is!" Hand off the phone, get your mark to say "Hello?", and leave the rest to Mr Wizard. </font>
Old 04-05-2005, 04:19 AM

Or you have Mr. Wizard stand behind the mark.

The Doc
Old 04-05-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or you have Mr. Wizard stand behind the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]
This might not work so well if your mark happens to not be wearing ear plugs at the time.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:04 AM

Nice trick. But instead of Mr Wizard, I'm going to call him God.