Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Site recommendations, please

I've been playing purely at Pokerstars for the last 7 months. I have an operating BR of $1500, and put in about 80-100 hours a month 1- and 2-tabling MTTs and SNGs. I'm looking to expand into some other sites, but I'm a big chicken****.

Am I leaving a lot of money on the table by not playing at multiple sites or taking advantage of rakeback opps available elsewhere? I'm a profitable player in SNGs and low limit LHE, NLHE, Stud/8, O8 but I'm only pulling in about $600/month.

Basically, is it worth it for a more casual player to set up Netteller and affiliates and whore around or should I just shut up and be happy and stay where I am?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Site recommendations, please

if you're playing at Poker Stars during a reload bonus then you're sitting pretty since 100% of your tourney fees are essentially refunded at the end.

as it stands though, PS bonuses only run every 2-3 months so you might look into somewhere else to play between those times. before settling down for 25-30% rakeback, first look into these sites which also award bonus dollars from SNG/MTT fees:

Bodog (100-200% rebate)
Pokerroom (71%)
Full Tilt (42%)

on the other hand, for low limit ring game grinding, the bonuses may be more lucrative (+ rakeback) at:

Party Poker + skins
Absolute Poker
Cryptologic skins
Prima skins

regardless, you should try and ALWAYS get something back from your action playing online poker, no matter what the format. the amount of free money available from competition between the sites is simply too good to pass up. bonus "whoring" alone can easily double your current $600/month income with the same amount of play that you're doing right now.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:35 PM

If you like to play SitnGo's alot. Sign up under an affil. for rakeback. I recomend Euro-Bet. Then whore empire & party playing low limits. STT & MTT rake adds up fast probably pull at least 50 a month from the rakeback on those.
Just my 2 Cents
Gene
Old 04-08-2005, 03:41 PM

Thanks a lot! It looks like I have been leaving a lot on the table... I haven't even been taking advantage of the reload bonuses at Stars [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]