Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 01:48 AM

Default Did I play this correctly?

In an online tournament today with a 1000 players. Played well and was second highest chip total at table by about $20.00. My position was the small blind. The blinds were only 20/10. Picked up pocket A’s. Three people bet $20.00 before me. After a long wait I fired in $40.00 which dropped the BB and another player and the rest called. The flop came 9c Qh 3d. After a long wait I checked. The next player bet $40.00. The following player folded. I was putting the bettor on a pair of queens at best. I had also seen him bet large and fold people with A and small cards. Again after a long I bet the amount of the pot and the other player reraised. After a long wait I called. The turn was a 6s and I checked. The other player bet $200.00. After a long wait I raised to $300.00. Then the player went all in and I called. He had Qd 5s and I had the AA. You guessed it …the river was Q and I was out of the tournament.

Did I play this wrong? I put him on the pair of queens, which was correct. There was nothing on the board to help him although I did slow play it.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Did I play this correctly?

[ QUOTE ]
Did I play this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste so much time waiting before your betting. It's retarded and just slows the game down.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:27 AM

Where is Dynasty? He is smart.

The problem with this hand is that you allowed a (Q) to come on the river. It's fine to go all-in on the turn with (AA) but you can't let the (Q) come and give your opponent (three queens). You see, if the (Q) comes, you lose the hand.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:56 AM

Your correct. I did not give him the chance to fold.