Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Flop + turn...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>

Button is 54/38/4.3/31/26. Pretty crazy and pretty stupid.

BB is 38/19/2/50 over 300 hands. Basic solid LAG.

I can't imagine leading the flop. BB should have a pair or AK the majority of the time. Should I be value betting the turn? What's the plan when Button bets? Thanks,

Krishan
Old 11-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Flop + turn...

I would c/r this turn in a heartbeat, call down if 3 bet and check call river. This is assuming we can make bb fold AK close to 100% of the time.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:27 PM

Flop is fine, u had to expect one of them to bet. Looks like BB has AK, who knows with button. You could c/r turn hoping to get rid of BB. You prepared to lay it down to a 3bet by either if you c/r, especially the BB? I think I call the turn, see what BB is going to do and re think on the river.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is fine, u had to expect one of them to bet. Looks like BB has AK, who knows with button. You could c/r turn hoping to get rid of BB. You prepared to lay it down to a 3bet by either if you c/r, especially the BB? I think I call the turn, see what BB is going to do and re think on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]i'd rather fold than call. bb is surely coming along, and now we are playing for half the pot. the pot is huge, fight for the possibility to win both halves.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:38 PM

I think I'd bet the turn. I think you have the best hand here a lot. BB is LAG so he could have AJ/AQ/who knows. After checking it through and button betting, I think checkraising is a very reasonable option. If BB has AQ/AJ he has 9 outs so you dont mind him out. ANd obviously knocking out AK would be the shizzle.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:17 PM

I don't agree with everyone that BB has AK or a big ace. He either has quads or some random mid to high suited connector hand like JTs or QJs. The guy's practically a 40 and 40's would rather cap those hands than fold them. Button could have any two cards, most likely a small PP when he bets the turn. I would lead on the turn and take it from there.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:20 PM

I really don't see guys with 19pfr capping JTs or QJs very often man.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:52 PM

I think I really like raising this turn. You may very well be behind the button here, though it's possible you're ahead. Folding out AK from the BB would be gold, and folding out any Ace is good especially since the board is paired.

Getting it HU with the clown makes playing the river much easier, too.