Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Default A Couple of 88 hands (1/2 full)

BB is LPP (39.7/3.85/.65)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ????

What do you think, are we good 20% or more here to make the call? Do we have to be showing this down?
I personally think a call isn't bad, though maybe not all the time.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

This is a pretty standard play for me, I'm just questioning plays like this lately in the particularly tight post-party environment. Plus I'm really trying to improve my game. Does anyone like a flop bet here?
Any advice is appreciated.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: A Couple of 88 hands (1/2 full)

Hand 1, I bet the turn too and fold to a raise.

Hand 2, A flop bet would be OK, but a flop check/raise would be funner.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM

I raise 88 preflop. After that the hand plays quite different.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason to check the turn is to call to pick off a river bluff. Otherwise, giving away a free card does nothing helpful. I tend to bet-fold the turn and check behind on the river.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

This is a pretty standard play for me, I'm just questioning plays like this lately in the particularly tight post-party environment. Plus I'm really trying to improve my game. Does anyone like a flop bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop here is fine. There is a reasonable chance that nobody has a queen. But if you check, you should usually fold. The exceptions are when you have a read such as "Button bets his position on checked flops", in which case you'd better be check-raising a bunch.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:18 PM

Hand 1: I bet/fold the turn. Since you checked you have to call the river bet.

Hand 2: I play the same way. I'd like a flop bet more if there were only 2 opponents or if you were in later position. As it is you know that 2 player don't like their hands much but you know nothing about the other 2 yet (just that they didn't like their hands enough to raise preflop). I'm not crazy about the thought of putting a bet into a small pot when there's a very good chance I will have to follow up with a turn bet against at least 2 players when there's already an overcard on the board.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason to check the turn is to call to pick off a river bluff. Otherwise, giving away a free card does nothing helpful. I tend to bet-fold the turn and check behind on the river.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop here is fine. There is a reasonable chance that nobody has a queen. But if you check, you should usually fold. The exceptions are when you have a read such as "Button bets his position on checked flops", in which case you'd better be check-raising a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO. Perfect.