Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 09:54 AM

Default OESFD, I\'ve got lots of outs... ehh... I fricking got no outs.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Dids is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Dids calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Dids checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Dids calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Dids checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Dids calls, UTG calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Dids checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Dids calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Dids shows 9c Jc (flush, jack high).
UTG+1 shows Th As (full house, tens full of aces).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 14.75 BB. </font>

Preflop, I know I should have folded. Having a bad run and was a touch tilted from things that have nothing to do with Poker (so lesson one- don't play unhappy).

Paired board, but with an UTG raise I thought I couldn't put him on AT. Guess I was wrong? Your thoughts on this play?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Re: OESFD, I\'ve got lots of outs... ehh... I fricking got no outs.

Dids, I often make this preflop call.

I take it you wanted to check-raise the flop but decided against it when MP1 folded?

I think this is fine.

And while ATs is certainly one of the hands you should be putting him on, I'd play at least a dozen hand like this, many of which you're way ahead of.

Oh, and as for non-poker relatedness, just remember: if it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:03 AM

Looks fine to me Dids.

You are really only worried about AA, AT, and a big AX [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (not as likely given your holding and the board). I wouldn't have given UTG credit for any of those hands until the 3-bet on the river, and even after that the pot is big enough that you can call and hope your flush is good.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:07 AM

Preflop is fine.

You should lead this flop, trap UTG for 2-bets, if UTG+1 is going to raise as your are likely a heavy favorite.

I also think you should lead out on the river, and 3-bet if raised.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-25-2004, 10:21 AM

I think the pf call is fine. I would have led the flop and probably 3-bet as well. Even though the board is paired it is also unlikely that a TT8 flop hit the pf raiser (ignoring results of course) and you don't pick up this good of a draw often. I would definitely be playing this flop more aggressively.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:51 AM

I'd have played it the same.

However, you did have 2 outs going into the River... 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]