Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 12:30 AM

Default standard?

after looking at the hand, i think i should have bet the turn again, and called down from there. the co seemed a little laggy up til this point, but i figured my main mission was to get it heads up on the flop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (22 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 11-13-2004, 12:41 AM

Default Re: standard?

Depends on what I think CO will call/cap with. If it means AA or KK I'd play the way you did. If he's the type to cap it just because he has two cards and everyone else was raising, I'd lead the turn.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:31 PM

With no reads I slow down in this situation after my oppenent have capped the flop. Think at best I'll get it split. Is this weak thinking?

That coldcall/cap smells fishy though. In this situation I've seen LAGs cap preflop without any reason. But even if your read on CO is that he's little laggy, I would just called down from there. He have to be more then a little laggy if you should have him beat. The only hand I can think of that you're ahead of is KQ. If we're looking for hands he could actually have that would fit to how a good player would have played this hand the only thing I come up with is TT. Maybe QJs if the table is passive...
Old 11-15-2004, 01:53 PM

Unless he is the guy I was playing against who kept raising my set with his high card ace (lol) I agree that you call him down. I find it hard to believe that he would play a TT with a limp cap raise but who knows. But lately I have run into more then a few players who just keep raising to bully you out of the pot. After you win this, you hit yourself for not raising, but then again, he did most of the work for you anyway. If you lost, you saved a few bets.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:54 PM

You didn't mention any reads, so I would have lead out on the turn with TPTK and nut flush draw. If he raises, I call him down.

CO's cold call of 2 preflop, only to turn around and then cap after your 3-bet is interesting (does the complete opposite of MP3, who originally raised and then only calls your 3-bet before CO caps). Would CO slowplay AA or KK initially, only to turnaround and cap after the 3-bet and calls from limpers? These are the only two hands I could see this play and where you're behind at the turn. I wouldn't put him on TT based on his preflop actions. AK is a possibility. I think MP3 realizes his hand isn't as good as he initially thought and is just crying to see a flop.

Results?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:56 PM

I've eventually come to the conclusion that a LRR type play PF always means something. That coldcall-reraise preflop by CO is definitely a tell. Trouble is, you have no idea what it means unless youv'e seen it before. Its either a monster, a medium pair, a suited connector, a suited ace, a stone cold bluff, or any other two cards. But once youv'e seen this opponent make this play, I think its a fairly reliable tell in the future. The cards an opponent chooses to LRR with is certianly note-worthy.

That said, since you really have no idea where you are, your play was fairly standard.