Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 05:45 PM

Default 1 Week\'s Worth of Stats

Here are my stats for the 22s for the past week. They are a mix of 8 tabling and 4 tabling.

Tourneys Played: 149
Net Amount= $1,042
ROI= 31.79%
ITM= 42.28%

1st= 25, 16.78%
2nd= 15, 10.07%
3rd= 23, 15.44%
4th= 16, 10.74%
5th= 12, 8.05%
6th= 15, 10.07%
7th= 15, 10.07%
8th= 11, 7.38%
9th= 12, 8.05%
10th= 5, 3.36%

Hands (6,778 total)

Level 1: VPIP 8.81%, BB/hand .06, PF raise 2.98%
Level 2: VPIP 9.03%, BB/hand .02, PF raise 5.72%
Level 3: VPIP 9.68%, BB/hand .00, PF raise 8.60%
Level 4: VPIP 17.65%, BB/hand .04, PF raise 16.45%
Level 5: VPIP 27.00%, BB/hand .02, PR raise 23.51%
Level 6: VPIP 36.02%, BB/hand .04, PF raise 31.52%
Level 7: VPIP 43.57%, BB/hand .00, PF raise 39.18%
Level 8: VPIP 48.61%, BB/hand (.02), PF raise 38.89%
Level 9: VPIP 59.46%, BB/hand .21, PF raise 45.95%

Aggression factors: PF 3.2, FL 4.4, T 4, R3.8
I checkraised 16 times.
I limped and called a subsequent raise once.
The most tourneys I played with one other person was 5.

What do people make of my 25/13/23 1st/2nd/3rd ratio? I am either A) very good headsup B) playing people who are horrible headsup or C) finishing 3rd too much.

I am planning on moving up soon, I used to be a marginal winner at the 55s but would have made more money playing the 22s or 33s, but I am a much much better player now than then, so does anyone have advice on what level I should be playing?

I've been mostly playing as Szechuan87, has anyone played with me? I'm going to change my name soon.

If anyone has any other comments, I would appreciate them.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: 1 Week\'s Worth of Stats

Looks good, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd numbers are very nice. Seems like your being very aggressive ITM & playing for first the way it should be.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:15 PM

C'mon....you read this forum enough to realize that none of those numbers mean even close to anything.

Your distribution would *suggest* that you are very, very aggressive around the bubble and 3 handed....you either accumulate a huge stack or sneak into 3rd or bust in 3rd. However, the only stats that *actually* really might mean anything is that you're getting 8-10 a bit much for the 22s IMO. Again, you've only plyaed 149 tounies...so none of this really matters.

It is nice to be on a heater though, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] so I can see why you'd want to post your stats.

Yugoslav
Who will post his quest stats even if he's way way down after tallying them up..just so people can see not everyone is a huge luckbox.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon....you read this forum enough to realize that none of those numbers mean even close to anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a recreational player, so I don't play often and I don't study the numbers aspect of the game as much as you folks. But the idea that I can't tell, from my results, how good a player I am until I player something like 5k tournies is so disheartening. Everyone says that a small sample is subject to too much variance to be a measure of how well you play. I could play 550 tourneys and lose my bankroll, or I could have a ROI of 75%, and you guys will say, too small, variance, etc . . .

Now, I don't doubt that you're correct. Statistics being statistics. But for a guy who plays maybe 60 tourneys or so a month on line, the fact that it will take me 83 months to have a "meaningful" sample to tell how "well" I play, well, that just makes me laugh. I'll never know how good I play. Never. Because someone should shoot me if I'm still playing 60 tournies a month on line six years from now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

From what I can see, your numbers are good. As Bill Parcells was prone to say, "You're as good as your record. No better. No worse."

Cheers.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon....you read this forum enough to realize that none of those numbers mean even close to anything.

Your distribution would *suggest* that you are very, very aggressive around the bubble and 3 handed....you either accumulate a huge stack or sneak into 3rd or bust in 3rd. However, the only stats that *actually* really might mean anything is that you're getting 8-10 a bit much for the 22s IMO. Again, you've only plyaed 149 tounies...so none of this really matters.

It is nice to be on a heater though, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] so I can see why you'd want to post your stats.

Yugoslav
Who will post his quest stats even if he's way way down after tallying them up..just so people can see not everyone is a huge luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely running good. I'm not getting kicked in the nuts like you can in SNGs. I'm probably going to do this every week, and post cumulative stats. Heaters are fun though.

I looked through my PT and looked at the 8-10s, and most of them are gettin QQ-AA busted, and the occaisional overplay of AK-AQ, I didn't find any glaring mistakes (ok there was one really bad one...).

Mostly I'm posting this as a reward for my new diligence with PT and stats... 31 is a nice number. I've never paid as much attention to stats as I have now. Hopefully I can get 200 tourneys in this week and start getting a little closer to a real # of tourneys.

There is no better feeling in terms of poker to me this last week than waking up in the morning, knowing you absolutely luckboxed last night at a ROI of about 90% and importing those into PT... it makes me feel good. Though the flip side, it sucks to do an import where you broke even or were up only 20$... my ROI goes down and I feel worse about the results than if I had just ignored stats alltogether.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:44 PM

I think 5K is overkill. And a roi of 75 over 550 is not possible.

I don't think what Yugo meant was "you played 149 tourneys, theres no point in even checking your pt stats". I think what people who talk about variance mean is that you shouldn't take the results too seriously. Not that they are useless, just not the last word.

I got headsup 28 times, and think about how much luck is involved in being headsup 28 times with the blinds at 400.

You can get a good idea of how good a player you are from a small number of sngs (relatively small), you just cant take those results too seriously. No one is going to look at my 150 tourneys and say "oh i cant draw any conclusions from that", the reasonable response is to say "oh hes a winning player, for sure, but I dont know where is roi is because of 150 tourneys he could have had a nice 15 points added on by winning a few key coinflips and 6040s.

Plus, if you play 1000 tourneys, youre going to get better over that time and the first 300 are not really representative.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea that I can't tell, from my results, how good a player I am until I player something like 5k tournies is so disheartening. But for a guy who plays maybe 60 tourneys or so a month on line, the fact that it will take me 83 months to have a "meaningful" sample to tell how "well" I play, well, that just makes me laugh. I'll never know how good I play. Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you've ever seen anyone on 2+2 say that it takes 5K SNG's to know how good a player you are. 500 is a decent starting number, 1000 is much better. You're playing very recreationally. With the 60 tourneys a month number, I have to assume you're singletabling, correct?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is no better feeling in terms of poker to me this last week than waking up in the morning, knowing you absolutely luckboxed last night at a ROI of about 90% and importing those into PT... it makes me feel good. Though the flip side, it sucks to do an import where you broke even or were up only 20$... my ROI goes down and I feel worse about the results than if I had just ignored stats alltogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is *exactly* why I don't track my stats anymore....

Besides...I wish I could erase from my memory what my stats have been at times....that would have been very, very helpful.

Yugoslav
(the PT stats are good to keep and info can be found in them...but I'd say more for theoretical purposes rather than anything else)
Old 05-30-2005, 07:33 PM

you made 7k this week very good. dont see why you want to move up just yet..

why do you have so many 8-10 places? do you push small edges really early?

anyway my past week looks something like this

1st- 4
2nd- 3
3rd- 8
4th- 4
5th- 6
6th- 8
7th- 2
8th-10th = 4

total 39
ITM .38%
ROI - somewhere close to break even
i believe that my last 1k games looked very similar to these stats.

should i study more bubble play hands? more about ITM play?
i have a feeling that i have to study all of my play but what can i study heavy on for the next week that might make a quick result?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:43 PM

I made 1K on SNGs, i guess the 7 was a typo.

I really didn't think I had that many 8th-10ths, which is why I posted my stats, to see if people had observations like that. I'm going to check all my early finishes again, and see if I'm leaking. Though doing that could end up being a skewed source, since A) ive only played 149 tourneys and B) looking at where I got busted won't include all the times I won chips and went into the next levels with a 1600 stack.

Obviously my early vpip stats are very tight, so it is not like I am suiciding with AT or leaking like that early, which is why I put up my vpip stats.

If my sample size is too small to draw hard conclusions from (which it is), yours is not on the map.

post more hands, what is your vpip for the 100 200 and 150 300 levels?