Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Turning Stone - 8/12,8/13 rebuy sat report

I got back yesterday from Turning Stone - played a little limit as well as both the rebuy supersats for the 3 big events.

Friday night's tourney was incredibly disorganized, with late start times, break times which were too long and much confusion and drama about rebuys/double rebuys/addons/double addons. This was my first time at Turning Stone and a real contrast to the (few) tournament experiences I've had at Foxwoods.

Structure ended up being 14 tables running 11 seated. Unlimited $50 rebuys until first break, double rebuys if down to the felt. Rebuy or double rebuy allowed at first break. Players start with 1000 (+300 with $5 for dealers). Each rebuy/addon gets you 1000 more.

Both my tournaments were plagued by live-play jitters / classic newbie mistakes. I managed to knock myself out of Friday's by pushing my OESD + flush draw vs. a paired bord of TTx vs. two villians with (suspected) tens. Neither flush nor straight appeared, I failed to triple up, villians chopped with their trips...I go back to limit for the night.

Saturday night's tourney ran *much* better - the staff really seemed to try hard to keep it smooth and organized. My play and cards were much improved from the first night. I managed to make it down to the final 2 tables playing pretty solid cards. I went out with a short stack on a ridiculously stupid play on my part. Although it's likely that the results would not have been different If I had made it another orbit or two, the fact that I made the wrong decision is pretty much eating me up. I may post the hand later and subject myself to ridicule if I'm feeling adventurous / masochistic.

What was really cool was getting a chance to speak with a number of really good, solid players and gaining a little more experience with live play. All-in-all a really good time.

Does anyone know if any other 2+2s played either of the supersats and if so, how they made out?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone - 8/12,8/13 rebuy sat report

As I said in an earlier post, I was there for the Sunday tourney, but didn't play in any of the satellites.