Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 11:43 AM

Default AKo in 2 spots...

I've been fairly card-dead in recent sessions & I'm picking some really bad tables as well. Not to say I haven't screwed up what good hands I have gotten; AK is hard for me...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...?
I can't fold this flop, can I? 18SB, I have backdoor flush &amp; straight draws &amp; 2 overs...I figure CO just auto-bet and UTG (unknown to me) comes alive. What's my line from the turn...?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

got a good piece of the flop; though 2 (unknown but confident) PF players in the hand; bet out? try to mix in a C/R here or on a turn blank? check-call?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: AKo in 2 spots...

Hand 1 is tough. I may check and see what the action is behind you. If you have to call 2 again, fold.

Just bet Hand 2. No need for Fancy Play Syndrome. I also wouldn't cap this OOP.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 PM

Hand 1. I probably check and call one, and at the river as well. two cold to me and I'm out.

Hand 2. a checkraise would probably work on the turn (as CO, I'd put you on JJ/QQ as possible hands), but you probably don't want to - it's CO that's most likely gonna bet, and you dont want to shut out MP2 with two cold. and if CO is might not even call your checkraise. you might make as much by betting, letting MP overcall, and possibly getting to bet-three bet.

the cap PF is pretty read dependant, if CO is tight then I probably don't cap OOP as Davelin said. if he's a terrible player then cap it up.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:28 PM

1st hand:
Consider folding the flop after the UTG c/r. Calling probably isn't a disaster - could be the flush draw pumping it up.
On the turn I'm going for a c/r, probably folding to a 3-bet (if UTG leads and CO raises stop n' go style I'm gone).

2nd hand:
You probably have to play this pretty straight up (you did cap preflop, and now there is an A and a K on the board). Bet out, hope for a raise. Same thing on the turn.

FPS option is to check/call the flop, c/r the turn, bet the river etc. Unfortunately there won't really be a way for you to know for sure if you're up against AA or KK - pretty slim chance though.