Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Cowboys in trouble....again.

Converter doesn't really work for Absolute NL $1 BB

Hero is MP2 with about $90, Villain has me covered and acts directly after me.

Hero has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Folds to me, I raise it to $4...Villian calls everyone else folds.

Flop...Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Okay, I'm still good here, no Ace on the board. No real read on my opponent (he's been here for 5 hands). Pot is $9.50...Hero bets $8, Villian calls. Set? AQ suited? Hmm...

Turn...8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Okay, let's see where I stand...pot is $25, Hero bets $15....Villain calls.

River...8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $20, thinking his 8's full of Ks are good here. Villain raises putting Hero all in. (okay, here's at least one of my mistakes) I call thinking no one is going to stay in preflop on a 4xBB raise with an 8 unless they're wired, which they obviously can't be. Then I also think no one is going to stay in on a rainbow flop with bottom pair. Needless to say, he had the 8....he stayed in with A8 and they weren't even f'in suited. How bad did I play this? I'm fuming at the moment because this is my largest loss in one hand to date and this guy is an idiot. Obviously I have some leaks in my game and I think I'm going to stop calling myself Hero in these posts! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Cowboys in trouble....again.

You played it fine. Villain did not. That's rough. Ni han.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:43 AM

Thats tough. Remember these are the players that pay you off in the long run.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:10 AM

It's a bad beat, we all know they happen. My question is, would you have made that call or was this a misplay on my part. As it turns out, I played that 9 handed table for over an hour, 4 guys had 50% VPIPs and I ended up down $90.

Go figure...I'm having the worst luck at Absolute..been here a week and I'm down $150 after being up at Empire and UB about $250. So much for building my bankroll, my entire bonus is being lost to idiots like this.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call thinking no one is going to stay in preflop on a 4xBB raise with an 8 unless they're wired, which they obviously can't be. Then I also think no one is going to stay in on a rainbow flop with bottom pair.

[/ QUOTE ]you're absolutely right

[ QUOTE ]
Thats tough. Remember these are the players that pay you off in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]he's absolutely right

Hang in there

Patience
Old 02-27-2005, 02:58 AM

This is not a "bad beat" and I call preflop raises with 8's all the time. 89 and 87, suited and offsuit, if the conditions are right.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:14 AM

i think you played this fine throughout. You couldn't put him on a-8 in a million years. he played this terribly and got very lucky. Especially his calling after the flop with two eights, but two overcards out. As the others said this is the kind of player that you will win alot of money from. it was just one of those hands.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:54 AM

I understand how you feel about that man. It is a tough beat but it is because of players like that that player like us profit in the long run.

Also, just as something from my own observance, I have received a few beats by people calling my raises with A8 (suited and unsuited).
Live game recently i raised 10X the blind and got called by A8o and he flopped 2 8's. Got stacked on party the other day to the same thing.

A8 seems to be the hand that beats me alot lately.
So, it looks to be a universal pain in the ass hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

check out this post and when it happens to you you will smile. It's revenge for everytime someone calls you with a hand like A8 and cracks ya.