Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are there enough threads about the NHL season?
Yes 9 27.27%
No 6 18.18%
Meh 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Middle pair in big pot situation.

Paradise Poker $1/2

Ten handed game.

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, You call with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MP1, 3 folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB folds, 3 calls.

NOTE: I usually fold J9s from MP1 if there are no limpers. What do you do with it folded to you in MP1?

(9 SB)
4 players-- FLOP: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG (LAP) bets, UTG+2 folds, You.....?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Middle pair in big pot situation.

with no limpers I fold J9s from MP1, with 2 its an easy limp

as for the flop, you are getting very good odds at 10/1 but the PFR is still to act, as long as he's not too agressive I'll call here, fold if its raised/3bet back to me .. call a single raise
Old 03-31-2005, 02:23 AM

With no limpers, I'd probably fold J9s.

On the flop, I think it would depend on whether or not the button is the type of player who'd raise a small-mid PP here or suited connectors looking to bloat the pot if he/she hits big. If so, I think I'd be inclined to raise the flop and try and get it HU with the LAG. If the button wouldn't make that kind of play, then I'd go back and forth between calling and raising, but probably settling on calling. The flop is draw-heavy and the pot is big enough that I doubt the button would fold his overcards.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:24 AM

Fold J9s in MP if its folded to you unless the players behind you are ridiculously tight.

On the flop I'd fold due to the liklihood of having to put in more than 1 bet to see the turn. UTG's lead shows a lot of strength here, so you're likely behind and you don't a particularly strong draw. All that adds up to an easy fold out of position (relative to the preflop raiser) and not closing the action.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually fold J9s from MP1 if there are no limpers. What do you do with it folded to you in MP1?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been playing Party .5/1 so I'm not sure if it would apply to Paradise 1/2, but I autolimp J9s (and T9s-98s) from Middle Position based on the SSH Tight Game chart. Doing so from MP1 with not even one limper may not be the greatest idea in the world, but I don't really have a feel for that yet, I just follow the chart.

[Edit note: I responded before reading any other replies.]
Old 03-31-2005, 12:00 PM

if you can fold this flop, you can limp PF.

i'm not sure why there is a tremendous push to fold J9s PF here.. its an LP table. JTs/T9s are easy limps here. J9s is that big a dropoff.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:02 PM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

I'll usually fold this in MP1 with no limpers.

I'll call the flop and one back to me (fold two back to me). I need a J, 9 or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to bet the turn
Old 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM

Pre-Flop I fold, but it's one of those very marginal situations that I don't think matters much.

I call the flop because:

The odds look OK for a call with the backdoor working also.

UTG led out into 3 players - one of which was a pre-flop raiser. I think that increases the chances he has a K than if he led out into 1 or 2 players and/or no pre-flop raiser. That makes me more cautious about raising him.

Raising will only potentially eliminate one player (the other already folded) and for all I know that player might fold for one bet or reraise me. I don't see much to be gained by trying to protect here.