Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 10:57 AM

Default AJ in CO missed bets?

I'm wondering if I missed some bets on the flop and turn. Should I have 3-bet the flop with the nut flush draw and TPTK? I was timid because of the possible already made flush.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 10-25-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Re: AJ in CO missed bets?

i think this is the way you have to play this hand with that dangerous flop. mp3 makes it obvious that he doesnt have a flush with the river check, so your bet is good. i cant see any other places you can safely raise.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:20 AM

I'd say 3 bet the flop because you might have the best hand and even if you don't you've got a redraw to the nuts and might be able to get a free card.

I don't know about the river bet. Unless MP3 had the King of hearts it looks like he had a baby flush and is worrying about somebody filling up. Heads up I may bet this river, but three handed I'd probably check it down. That's assuming UTG isn't a total schmuck who would stick around with something like JT.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:54 AM

I definitely 3 bet this flop. With top pair top kicker you maybe ahead, but you have a great back up plan with the nut flush redraw, and an ace may make your hand good. A 3 bet may allow you to take control of the hand. I doubt that mp raised with cards that would give him a straight on this board. And UTG seems to be speeding around with a j bad kicker. I would raise the turn since I didn't 3 bet the flop
Old 11-08-2004, 04:58 AM

3-bet the flop homie.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 AM

YUP - 3 bet the flop - you have top pair and a nut flush working for you and callers that will hang on to the end - SWEET!