Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 11:28 PM

Default The Kindergarden of Poker

Yes, that's us here. Us SNG players.

That's what this forum is all about. How to succeed and play proper strategy at the kindergarden of poker.

And if you can win doing it, well that's just great. That's super. For a few months anyways. After that it borders on pathetic. Time to graduate from kindergarden little baby.

You see, why would anyone want to get a measly 30% ROI playing SNGs? If you can do that at the $50+5 level for example, and you just play one tourney at a time, that's only about 15-20 dollars an hour. Sheesh

I settle for nothing less than 2 grand a day and NONE of you should either!

Who would want to make $15 dollars an hour doing what they love anyways. Most other people have hobbies that pay way more than that. Don't they?

Sure you might be thinking to yourself 'buy wait, 99% of poker players are losers. I win. How can this be the kindergarten of poker?'. Well it is. You are holding yourself back, that's why.

So even if you suspect that you would lose money in NLHE ring games tommorrow, or if you think that your bankroll is not equipped to deal with the swings for the same level of profit - suck it up whiner!

We all had to spend years getting this good and the thought that someone could just apply simple rules and break even/win low limit sngs - well that's just insulting. It just aint right!

What's that?. You have fun doing it too?! Screw you kindergardeners! You like the excitement of how a tourney builds to a finale? You don't like the monotone grind of ring games? Tsk. That's baby loser talk.

You tournament wussies think you are good becasue when great players like me play your little sngs we don't always beat you like the gods we are. Well, we are gods and don't you forget it. Take no pride in your accomplishments and for pete's sake, don't kid yourself about the importance of your measly efforts be they productive or unproductive.

Come donate to me for a while and those of you who prove yourselves to be gods one day can it next to me on mount pokerlympus. Those of you who I squash on the climb - well, you deserved it. Who did you think you are anyways? Winning without years of practice and enjoying yourself while you do it. No respect!

Then there are those of you who whine when you can't even get your puny sng strategies to work for you and think that discussing such things matters at all. I spit on that little anthill you live in

Sorry to rant about this, but it just burns me that on top of all this - you toddlers have the gall to bring SNG concerns up in this forum of all places!

Did nobody explain to you that this forum is all about making fun of kindergardeners and talking about how much more money can be made in a completely different kind of poker.

AleoMagus
Old 04-08-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Re: The Kindergarden of Poker

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Good show. I laughed. Let's just hope this forum doesn't turn into an all out flame battle.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:41 AM

Agreed... very well done. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw thats my face VVildo.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:09 AM

Uh Oh. Looks like my two favorite posters are gonna have a fight. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's us here. Us SNG players.

That's what this forum is all about. How to succeed and play proper strategy at the kindergarden of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean "kindergarten" with a "t".

eastbay
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 05:24 AM

lol. Just spelling it like the last time I read it.

As far as a flame war and picking fights... naw. I'm just poking fun at William.

If someone was to ask me which poster has influenced my own game the most and to whom I feel I owe the greatest personal debt, it might be close, but it's William. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way and if I am, you would all be well advised to go back and start reading.

That said, I guess I think he's just missing the point these days and I'm only trying to make that clear in a way that I thought was funny. We aren't all gonna make a ton of money at this game, and for the most part, if you are winning and enjoying the game - do a little dance. Life is good.

I think I've known for some time that the real money in this game is not SNGs, but I think they are a ton of fun and I love how tournament play builds to a conclusion. Ring play just drags from one hand to the next without the same drama that tourneys provide. Further, I think that the REAL money and enjoyment poker provides isn't found online at all. Just my opinion. For now though, SNG's are my thing and I sure win a lot more with them than I do in ring games.

Maybe that means I'm just a poker kindergartener... but I'd prefer to leave that distinction to the other 99% who don't make money at this game.

Who knows, maybe it just brings a big tear to my eye to see that old William has forsaken his legion of SNG Disciples.

Regards
Brad S

Old 04-08-2004, 05:26 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
Uh Oh. Looks like my two favorite posters are gonna have a fight. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No fight, but is time for me to move on... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

W.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:17 AM

Well said AleoMagus, I thought either myself or the person in question was on the wrong forum, and seeing as I'm new here, I guess it was me. Some people play poker for the money, others play it for enjoyment I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mors
Old 04-08-2004, 06:34 AM

I think the players that play 4 200+15's at once would have to disagree with you (i.e me).
Old 04-08-2004, 06:38 AM

Nice AleoMagus. Good job.
Now when we want something clarified, we will be looking for your answer.

Snow