Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2002, 06:10 PM

Default Her\'s one I\'ve never heard before

I don't know if I have excellent game selection skills, or am just lucky, or if the card-playing world is full of these types, but I was playing $4-$8 Hold 'Em over the holidays and this conversation came up between myself and another player...

I had folded pre-flop (J-x), the flop was J-J-5, and a jack hit the river... Well, *after the hand* I mentioned that I folded a jack...This guy looked at me like I was the biggest idiot he had ever met, and then felt the need to bestow this piece of strategy on me... "I never fold jacks...jacks flop more often than any other card".

Wow, forget mathematical probability...somehow jacks possess a certain magical powers that other cards do not.

Coupled with the fact that this player was a calling station who wouldn't lay down 2nd pair, it was fun to see him get beat...especially by players that were so tight...when they played a hand you knew EXACTLY what they were holding...(Flop K-J-7....turn 2...river 6...no flush possible...) absolute rock raises pre-flop, and bets every step of the way (screaming to everyone else at the table...I have A-A, K-K, or A-K)...this guy calls all the way with his J-9o...and genuinely seems shocked when the rock shows his winning hand. He even gave me a look when the J showed up on the flop, like he was Johnny Genius...it was funny.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:11 PM

Default Oops..it\'s \"Here\'s one....\"--can\'t type!! *NM*

Old 01-02-2002, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Her\'s one I\'ve never heard before

the jokes on you man.

jacks are magical.

goose