Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 11:03 PM

Default KTo 4 players on the river what\'s my play? (and bonus hat trick hand!)

i get KTo in middle position and call after two real A2C fishies jump in utg and utg+1. player just on my left says raise he's pretty decent. button fish calls two cold, sb awful gill and scale fellow calls. bb folds. then back around to utg+1 who limp-reraises (meaning nothing except "me want win big pot, ugh"). now it's back to me and im sniffing and trying to see if i smell cap it from guy on my left. no sense of it so i deicide to call two cold. raiser just calls. you keeping track of all this. 6 or 7 players to the flop for 3 bets each. another tiny southern california hold em pot, sigh..

the flop is K82. checked to me and this looks like a good time to bet so i bet. okay guy just calls meaning im ahead of him or he has a set. sb fish calls, utg and his buddy utg+1 call. 5 of us now.

the turn is 2c putting two clubs up there. checked to me and i bet. okay raiser flashes AsJs and folds. sb, utg, and utg+1 call. 4 lonely souls wander down to the river.

the river is 7c. checked to me. sb aint to tricky or smart, but utg and utg+1 think checkraising the river when they snap top pair is just the funniest thing. what's my play?

how do you like it?

(ok utg+1 did do something i had actually never seen before: he pulled a hat trick on someone at the must move table! he had T4o in the sb and he called after a couple players limped and cutoff (the victim of the trick) called. the flop was T43 w/ two spades. he checked and button bet and he c/raised him and button just called. then the turn was an 8 offsuit and he pulled off another one! (This was the really savvy checkraise of the three it think). cutoff called of course and the river was the Ts! wow what a i perfect card i was thinking to myself (i was in the bb watching all of this very closely). i was certain sb would bet this time, but i could see it in his eyes, that taste for blood was so strong now, i dont think he realised the greatness of what he was about to attempt and actually pull off! sb checked again and cutoff quickly bet! BAM! sb checkraised him and button quickly called. T4 GOOD! holy fuuck what a great play! when the day comes when i am able to do that ill be so proud. anyways just wanted to share.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:31 PM

Default Re: KTo 4 players on the river what\'s my play? (and bonus hat trick hand!)

Dude, it seems like you are totally regressing. Where'd Tighty McMikey go? I notice a correlation between your suddenly fishy preflop play and your increasinly derisive player comments. Coincidence? You tell me.

Not only is your limp bad, the coldcalling is silly. Heck, even if you wanted to avoid limping with it, I really can't even see trying to isolate from 3 or 4 off the button with that hand. Its simply not a hand worth going to war over. Fold. I'm far from the tightest player on these forums and I can't fathom putting in money in this spot in that game.

Postflop, I think you played it fine. I'd consider checkraising once in a while on the flop since its likely to get bet behind you and it lets them know you mean business. Plus it gets more money in the pot with what we assume is the best hand.

Bet the river silly.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:47 PM

Default Re: KTo 4 players on the river what\'s my play? (and bonus hat trick hand!)

the triple check raise is always halarious, I have done it once and pulled it off once the table had a good laugh both times.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:28 AM

Trouble is, people who hate fishes start playing like one.
KTo for three bets? Are you kidding?

I'd bet the river also.

Old 11-25-2003, 12:32 AM

Default Re: KTo 4 players on the river what\'s my play? (and bonus hat trick ha

I've never done the triple checkraise. Came close once.
Flopped a set of Jacks and I knew the guy had AA.
Checkraised the flop, Checkraised the turn, but then he got this funny look in this eyes and I knew he wouldn't bet the river so I just bet out.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:49 AM

Bet. UTG+1 shouldn't have a flush. If he really likes to build pots, what better time to checkraise than after 2 people call your turn bet? If UTG has a flush, well, good for him. Bet.

But seriously, that's a nonsensical call of the 3-bet pre-flop.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:01 AM

Preflop: The limp is bad. The cold-call is horrible.

Flop: Fine.

Turn: Fine.

River: Would your opponents ever c/r with a worse hand? Would they fold a medium pocket pair after calling the whole way? If no to both, I'd bet and fold to a c/r. If yes, I'd check it through.

GoT
Old 11-25-2003, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trouble is, people who hate fishes start playing like one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree. I am most certianly guilty of this crime.

-Diplomat
Old 11-25-2003, 03:43 AM

Default You\'re gonna hate this, but . . .

. . .your writing style is becoming a bit like Elysium's.

Of course, he outdid himself with his reply to your 20-40 errors post.

Anyway, here I bet the river. They keep checking, I keep betting. Fuggem.