Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2003, 08:12 AM

Default My own OIC - Day 5

I didn't hardly play at all yesterday, as the OSU-Michigan game was on a nd I had to work last evening. I DID, however, get to play for about an hour, and being that I was going to be time-constrained, I decided to only play .25/.50 at Stars......

I played 1 session (46 inutes) and ended up at $52.95 for my OIC..... made .50/1.00.... talk about a wild one!!!!!

I have to give some stats here, because this was unreal:

HANDS: 45
$WON: $13.75
WIN%: 20.00%
VP$IP: 26.67%
W$WSF: 60.00% (Sixty Percent!?!?!?! I think this is weak/tight tbale?????)
PFR%: 11.11%
WTSD: 33.33%
W$SD: 60.0%

I couldn't believe these stats...... winning 60% of flops seen is ridiculous, I don't care the level, it's just plain nuts.... Now I'm gonna get spoiled. Quick breakdown of winners:

AKs: Raised PF, won unimproved at SD
AKo: Raised PF, won after turning TTP - Folded to on river
AJo: Cold-Called LAG PF, won at SD w/TPTK(jacks w/A kick)
KK: Raised PF from BB, called down to river, folded to
KQo: Called UTG, BB checked, flop was A high, checked to, I bet, BB folded
K4s: In SB, flopped 4-flush, folded to on river unimproved
QQ: Open raised from EP, cold-called by 4, flop was A high, I bet, all fold
77: From MP, won unimproved at SD
75s: From SB, flopped straight(all same suit), 2 callers all the way down
Old 11-23-2003, 12:54 PM

Default Re: My own OIC - Day 5

Gomez,
What part of Ohio do you live in? I lived in Canton for 28 years before I moved to Texas. My parents still live in Akron and I am planning on coming back there for Christmas.

Anyway, I took another stab at 2/4 yesterday and once again got smacked down. I am really having a hard time there. I think it is just a matter of getting some good cards. I played around 2.5 hours and was breifly up about $40, but eventually lost around $80. The play seems different there, as most the players are Weak-tight (at least the tables I have played so far). They don't play that well, but seems my winning hands don't win as much and it takes awhile to make it up if I lose a big one. Guess I am not making good adjustments for this game. I am determined to overcome this hurdle and move to 3/6. I hate looking at that negative number in my poker tracker at the 2/4 level. I played some 1/2 last night and built my bankroll back to $272. I am going to try to win $30 more at 1/2 and then it is back to 2/4 for another run.

TheRake
Old 11-23-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Re: My own OIC - Day 5

I don't know about you, but playing in this OIC format has some very distinct advantages for me:

1. I seem to play much better PF and on the flop. I believe this has to do with having a short-term goal as opposed to the long-term game that hold em is.

2. I get to play different limits, and therefore different caliber of opponents, thereby gaining alot of experience with different plays.

3. It gives me more options - What I mean by this is that, currently, I have only enough BR at Paradise for .50/1.00, and at Stars, I only have enough for .50/1.00. At Empire, I just hit about $550, so I COULD play 100% at 1/2, but with this multi-site OIC, I can play .25/.50, .50/1.00, or even 1/2, depending on how much time I have, how "pokerific" I feel, and basically my general mood. I like the "mixing-up" of the limits more than playing 1 limit all the time.

Just some random thoughts there... don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I sure do. Good to hear from you, Rake... keep posting, and get that $30 quick!

'Mez