Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2003, 08:42 AM

Default NH/VNH ...TY?

Haven't played at Empire/Party for a while but noted a difference when I returned...A guy at my table flopped a Straightflush and I 'said' vnh ... no response....later the same night antother player had a 4 of a kind with pocket 10:s... vnh I said again but no response......I don't complain but it seems like people are much more playing to earn money that to have a nice time at the tables and that they constantly are hitting straight flushes etc. But im still missing a 'ty' now and then...
Old 11-16-2003, 08:52 AM

Default Re: NH/VNH ...TY?

Also, when playing multiple tables it is harder to keep up with the chat. When things calm down I use to browse the chat history and try to give people late credits for their nh and vnh. Better late than never.

adde
Old 11-16-2003, 10:19 PM

I usually view nh or vnh and as euphomism(?sp) for 'you lucky bastard for hitting the gutshot draw' on the river.

Sam
Old 11-16-2003, 11:12 PM

I think there are many new players at Party/Empire who just have not yet caught up with the chat acronyms.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:32 AM

If somebody was canny enough to have the best hand the whole time and beat me out of some bets, I'll say "nh".

If they draw out on me, 98% of the time I'll also say "nh".

When someone sucks out on me and I get ticked off, I'll say "nice catch", consider myself on tilt, fold anything less than K-K for three hands, then excuse myself from the table. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 04:08 PM

When i say NH, I mean nice hand. Unless it's 4 of a kind or better, VNH means you lucky $%#%#.

On a related note, I've seen and occasionally used the old "Shhhhhh, I'm trying to count your chips," said to a steamer.

The other day, however, I saw a "Shhhhh, I'm trying to add you to my buddy list!"

Cracked me up!
Old 11-17-2003, 04:20 PM

i play with the chat off. I get tired of listening to the fish preach about how i won thier money incorectly. I also get tired of the tilters saying nice catch, nice river, nice draw even though i had a 4 flush since the flop with top pair or my open ended straight.