Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 11:30 AM

Default WSOP tournys start on 16th at GC

Just wanted to let ya all know that at the gamingclub and prima network they will be giving away at least 10 seats to the Wsop between Nov. 16th and Nov. 30th.

Sats start at $10 plus $1

Old 11-14-2003, 03:18 AM

Default Re: WSOP tournys start on 16th at GC

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to let ya all know that at the gamingclub and prima network they will be giving away at least 10 seats to the Wsop between Nov. 16th and Nov. 30th.

Sats start at $10 plus $1

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, we've realised that having only 1 satellite for these 10+ seats is probably a mistake.

Given that nothing has yet started in this regard, we're probably going to add some more satellites and push out the final a bit as a result.

Since we've already published the schedule for this tournament, we suspect that some players might be aggrived by it being subsequently changed (certainly the EV changes as more satellites get added, but not much unless we add a LOT more).

However, since it hasn't started yet we don't think that any such complaints would really be justified. We'd nonetheless like to hear some feedback to make sure we don't get ourselves into any unnecessary hot water -- anybody have any strong feelings on this issue?

Lastly, we'd also appreciate feedback on the relative attractiveness of WSOP seats vs seats to the Aussie Millions ... there are also 10 of those up for grabs currently (the final is on the 15th), and only 14 players are currently registered for the final event -- is this because we just haven't marketed this tournament well enough or is Down Under not attractive enough for the Yanks that make up the majority of the online poker market?
Old 11-14-2003, 03:32 AM

well im in the aussie final it was attractive to me since I never been to aussie and really want to go!

Plus aussie millions sounds fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also I think all your big events should run more sats to give more players a chance to win a seat. Run 3 a day at different time zones cuase some players cant make the time if you only run one per day.

So 3 or 4 sats a day would be fine with me.

Old 11-14-2003, 04:18 AM

Default Thanks pw - feedback much appreciated N/M

Old 11-14-2003, 04:24 AM

Im not sure how long you have been offering these 1 per day aussie Sat1's but by the time i found out about them there was only 2 left. So i was planning on buying into the Aussie Sat2 tomorrow, but i have since found out that i could not make the final on the 15th so i am not bothering at all.

But i definetly say you need more sat's, like the 3 per dy mentioned by pokerwhore. I really like the current structure though with $9 + $1's with 1 in 5 moving on and then 1 in 10 for the next $45 + $5. I think for lot of fish the $25 fee for ppm's may be too much at party but i cant see this being an excuse for $10 and a 1 in 5 chance to move on, even thouth it is only to the second round.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:26 AM

To The Gaming Club Rep:

The Tournaments page of TGC's web site includes the following information about the Aussie Millions Final

Final:

Date: November 15.
Time: 21H00 EST.
Buy-in + Fee: $450+$50.
Details: 1 in every 20 Players will be eligible to win 1 of the 10 guaranteed seats to the Australasian Poker Championships!

The information for the WSOP Final Satellite is similar.

The way I read the Details section, TGC is guaranteeing 10 seats but will award more if at least 220 players register for the Finals (referring to the 1 in 20 statement). Could you please confirm my understanding. If 500 players register for the WSOP or Aussie Millions Final, will TGC be awarding 25 seats to those tournaments?

Thanks.

BB
Old 11-14-2003, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The way I read the Details section, TGC is guaranteeing 10 seats but will award more if at least 220 players register for the Finals (referring to the 1 in 20 statement). Could you please confirm my understanding. If 500 players register for the WSOP or Aussie Millions Final, will TGC be awarding 25 seats to those tournaments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct --- 10 seats are guaranteed, and if more than the minimum number show up then extras will be awarded on a 1 in 20 basis for the Aussie Millions.

Re the WSOP seats tho, please note that a decision has been taken to change the pricing of these tournaments, based on feedback from players and the success (or lack thereof) of the Aussie Millions promotion.

The 10 guaranteed seats doesn't change, but the seats will be awarded on a 1 in 200 basis, since we've reduced the $450+$50 cost of the final to $50+$5, and the number of satellites has been increased to 3 per day, each being $5+$.50 (1 in 10 go thru the the final).

The first WSOP satellite is on Sunday and you'll see them in the tournament lobby in the next day or so.

PS You won't find this detail on our website anywhere just yet -- it was a snap decision and we will only get round to updating the site next week.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:28 PM

I must say I dont like changing the final buy in price to only $50 plus $5.

Not sure if im alone here but I liked the structure the way it was before where 1 in 5 goes through to level 2 and 1 in 10 in level 2 goes to the final.

The 1 in 200 doesnt sound very good or appealing for that
matter.

Just something to think about but im sure many here will agree with me.

The aussie structure was ran just fine its just you didnt run sats in level 1 like 3 or 4 times a day or you would
of go alot more players.

Old 11-15-2003, 12:42 AM

I must say I dont like changing the final buy in price to only $50 plus $5.

Not sure if im alone here but I liked the structure the way it was before where 1 in 5 goes through to level 2 and 1 in 10 in level 2 goes to the final.

The 1 in 200 doesnt sound very good or appealing for that
matter.

Just something to think about but im sure many here will agree with me.

The aussie structure was ran just fine its just you didnt run sats in level 1 like 3 or 4 times a day or you would
of go alot more players.

I absolutely agree with every comment pokerwhore made here.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:23 AM

I didn't play in the Aussie Sats because I didn't notice them in time. I've been focused on the OIC since joining the TCG and didn't do much looking around.

FWIW, I'd certainly have played in them if I'd noticed in time, with more excitement than I'll be playing the WSOP Sats. I'm in Vegas a lot, and have never been to Australia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd rather win my way into that one than either Aruba or the PP Cruise, as well. I'm sorry to hear your promotion wasn't successful.