Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2003, 07:17 AM

Default Question About Raising & Stats

I was just looking in my pokertracker and noticed this I no this is a small sample size but I'm trying to keep in touch with my play so it don't get out of hand. Sample Size 4000 hands.

Vol Put $ In Pot : 14.33%
Vol Put $ In From SB : 24.68%
Saw Flop All Hands : 23.98%
Saw Flop Not A Blind : 14.40%

First Action on Flop After A Pre-Flop Raise
Raise : 12.03%
Bet: 38.35%
Call: 18.05%
Check: 26.32%

Players Actons: Raise%
Pre-Flop : 3.61%
Flop : 3.52%
Turn : 4.74%
River : 6.53%

Do these stats look about right? Or should I be Raising more early in the hand and then calling more later in the hand? Comments Welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Question About Raising & Stats

geez - I've been playing winning poker with worse stats then that LOL

Depending on the game and I KNOW somebody will say something but in Low Limit games you might want to loosen up a tad pre-flop? There are so many bets out there normally that the odds are better on some drawing hands.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:37 AM

I posted about some of these stats last week. See my "Am I a rock" post on this forum. My numbers were

Vol. put $ in pot % = 16.70
Pre-flop raise % = 2.87

I play .5/1 and 1/2 at party mostly and beat these games consistantly, but I felt my pre flop raise % was to low and I was missing some EV. From the responses I received it looked like the raise percentage pre-flop should be around 5% to 7%.

I have made a focused effort to raise more pre flop since I posted that thread (I am up to 3.2%). I am killing the 1/2 game at the moment. I don't know if this is due to a good run of cards or my more aggressive play. Probably a combination of both, but sure is fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

TheRake
Old 11-17-2003, 11:09 AM

Default The Rake; Can you give me more stats on what.......

Can you give more stats on what winning percentages should
be pre and post flop?
Mine are less than 1 percent, and just a fraction at that,
and I never re-raise, always just calling and going along for the ride. I know it's a major leak right now.
But on the subject of re-raising or cold calling, most
experts agree that if a player NEVER called two bets cold,
he would not be making a mistake. So, if you are in EP or
MP with AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?
Thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 11:26 AM

Default Re: The Rake; Can you give me more stats on what.......

Quote: So, if you are in EP or MP with AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?

I would 3-bet with a smile [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

--Rico
Old 11-17-2003, 11:36 AM

I don't know my exact winning % as i am at work at the moment. I think it is about 25% when seeing the flop and around 45-46% when see showdown. Again I don't know exact numbers at the moment, but I will post later when I can.

With hands like AA KK, QQ, & AKs you should be putting as many bets in as you can, In any position. Raise, Re-raise, and cap the betting pre-flop. As far as cold calling goes I generally try not to do it very often, but sometimes i am guilty [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].
Old 11-17-2003, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't re-raising with these hands every time, particularly AA, you need to do some reading. I don't know any experts that wouldn't recommend RE-raising with AA or KK let alone calling 2 cold with them. Heck, with AA I'd happily call 4 cold or keep re-raising until I was out of chips.

Buy Lee Jones' Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em. Take a break from playing and read it through cover to cover. Then re-read through playing pre-flop in early position. Then start playing again. Read the next section. Play some more. When you're through the whole book this way, rinse and repeat.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:56 AM

It looks like your raising only when your sure you have the very best hand...ala your river raise percentage is twice as high as your PF raise percentange.

I think you can safely raise PF with more hands if your playing as tight as it appears PF.

my .02

Old 11-17-2003, 12:33 PM

Sven,

Assuming this is from typical micro-limit games. The stats imply that you are playing a little too tight and could be more aggressive pre-flop. Your sample size is small, so it is possible that you have not received your fair share of playable/raisable hands.

More likely, you are just not raising with enough hands and folding a few hands that you can limp with.

I would like to see your pre-flop raise percentage be at least 6%. Why don't you run a filter on hands you raised pre-flop and post what hands you are raising with? That would be interesting.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:03 PM

Make it 3 bets to go EVERY time, when I'm holding AA or KK in MP I'm begging for a raise in front of me. At the microlimits it sometimes takes 3 bets to flush out the crap behind you instead of 2. I watch people cold call 2 all the time with crap like J8o or 29s. You've gotta make it 3 to go to get them out.