Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 03:33 PM

Default Do I fold the full house?

Hey everyone. This hand (25-50 5 max) has me in the BB with K6o. UTG and MP limp, button folds, SB completes and I obviously check. 4 of us to the flop, suits not important:

2,2,2 Checked around.

Turn is a king, for 222K. SB checks, I bet, UTG and MP call, SB folds. 3 of us to the river.

And here's where I have to stop and think: how many kings are there in the deck again? 4? So this is a 3-way split? I'm not a maniac, so I can't see anyone calling me on the turn, for a pretty small pot up until then, with ace high. They're not maniacs either.

River is a Q, for a final board of 222KQ.

I act first with the two turn cold-callers behind me. What do I do?

Old 10-24-2003, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Do I fold the full house?

I act first with the two turn cold-callers behind me. What do I do?

From what you wrote, there were no turn cold-callers. You bet and they called. Did someone raise in there somehere that I'm not seeing?

Anyway, at short-handed 25-50, I don't think you'd be manaical to bet the turn with Ace high. It would not surprise me at all if at least 1 of the turn callers had an A.

You have an easy river bet. You lose to QQ, 44, KK and a 2. QQ and KK aren't realistic options. 44 and a 2 are possible, but they won't be out there enough to think about folding. I'd say bet and call a raise. If someone has a deuce, them are the breaks. If not, you're probably in the lead of at least 1 of your 2 opponents. This hand seems pretty straightforward.

Cup
Old 10-24-2003, 04:01 PM

If you bet the turn without a King, you wouldn't be labelled a maniac. It's just good solid play to take a stab (as long as you don't overdo it) at the $100 in the pot with a $50 turn bet even when you have nothing.

Here, you have something: A full house which is probably the best. I would have no hesitation in betting the river. If you can somehow deduce that the guy to your left probably has a King while the guy to your right may have something less, then you could perhaps check and let the other guy bet so that the guy to your right calls (i.e. he is more likely to call than overcall). You can then consider checkraising.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:09 PM

This post is called "Do I fold the full house?". Does that mean you are considering checking and folding? Why not just take all the money you have in the world, put it in a big pile, and set it on fire.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:09 PM

Sry Inthacup, you are right. They were callers, but they were not cold.

Thanks for the replies so far guys. This hand got very interesting (I think) on the river. I'll post the river action after a couple more people contribute, if any, and then the results seperately soon after.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sry Inthacup, you are right. They were callers, but they were not cold.

Thanks for the replies so far guys. This hand got very interesting (I think) on the river. I'll post the river action after a couple more people contribute, if any, and then the results seperately soon after.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only assume this means the river goes bet, raise, re-raise. Very trick indeed.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:12 PM

Default more info to prevent slaughter

LMAO. OK OK I'd better post the river action before I get slaughtered here... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd been playing with these guys for hours. At 5 max, that's a lot of hands, and I felt I had an excellent read on them both.

So on the river I checked, guy to my left bet, other guy raised, and now it's back to me.

I know I titled the post 'Do I fold the full house?' but that doesn't mean I did. Would you?
Old 10-24-2003, 04:18 PM

Default Re: more info to prevent slaughter

no, don't fold the house.. nothing in this hand should lead you to believe that you are behind on the river.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:12 PM

Inthacup:
I think you may have misread part of my post, as I would not lose to 44. I lose to KK, QQ, the remaining 2, or AA.

Based on preflop action I don't want to put either of the callers on QQ KK or AA. Although, UTG flopped a full house a few hands earlier and it was checked all the way to the river, where he finally bet and got one caller. That doesn't necessarily mean he's slowplaying a monster here, but it was on my mind.
Regards,
all_aces
Old 10-25-2003, 05:01 PM

Default Results

To recap, I have K6o in bb and the board is 222KQ. After betting the turn and getting 2 callers, I decide to check the river.

Guy to my left bets, guy to his left raises, and it's back to me.

I folded without a second thought, UTG 3 bets, MP calls, and UTG shows A2 for flopped quads. I can only assume MP had a king as well.

Thanks for the responses.