Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 08:02 AM

Default Flopping a set against a scary board..seemed pretty routine to me

This hand took place last night at the Trop in a typical $4-$8 game last night. The main villian in this hand just sat down at the table the hand before and I have never played against him before.

I get two black 9's under the gun, and limp. Limping in this game led to more limping. 6 of us see the flop including both blinds.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet I get one caller and the new player in the cutoff raises. I decide to just call and go for the check raise on the turn. The caller also calls and three of see the turn.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check next player checks cutoff bets, I raise cutoff calls.

River Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet cutoff thinks a bit and calls. He had AQ and my hand held up. Who bets into the flush on the end?

Old 10-17-2003, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Flopping a set against a scary board..seemed pretty routine to me

This looks like an easy river bet, as any paired king, and some paired queens, will have to call this bet. Would seem to be a definate +EV play to me.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Flopping a set against a scary board..seemed pretty routine to me

This looks like an easy river bet, as any paired king, and some paired queens, will have to call this bet. Would seem to be a definate +EV play to me

I thought the flush got there, however my opponent lacked the sophistication to raise the flop with a flush draw.

Against an opponent who would raise with a flush draw, I might have check called the river.