Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Pokerstars tournaments

everyone talks about them and on their site the claim they are the "best on the net"

I've only played party but I like tournaments

Why are these multi-table tournaments so great, and are they that much better than party's that I should open a 2nd account?
Old 09-18-2003, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars tournaments

Stars has big tourneys and lots of smaller 1 & 2 table SnGs.

Last night I played in a $3 NL tourney that had 1250 starters. 1st place was over $900, which ain't bad for a $3 buy-in.

I also prefer the blind structure at Stars SnGs over other sites.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:57 PM

Main reason: 1500 starting chips, reasonable initial blinds/length of levels. Much less of a crapshoot.

Much wider game selection. Always 1 & 2 table SNGs, extensive schedule of multis, regular satellites and super satellites to the Sunday $200 + 15 NLHE.

I play ring games on Party but mainly play my tourneys on 'Stars.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:04 PM

For the multitable action I think Stars is better...if you can play during the day or weekends. I'm on the west coast and it seems like all the good multitable tournaments are during my work hours and on weekends. I think this is only a problem for the West coasters. The one cool thing I do like about stars is their 2 table SNG's those are kind pretty fun. As for the blind structure, I wouldn't say its a major difference. You star with more chips, blind go up slower but at a certain level they start using antes so I I think it evens out.

Not to say this really matters but their interface is soooooooo ugly it's not even funny.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:11 PM

I play at pokers stars, Mainly NL tournaments. Ive placed in the money 3 times! Placed 16th out of 1400 $3 buy in. It was alot of fun. And I'm far from a great poker player.

Good luck

Old 09-18-2003, 08:14 PM

Stars is great for tournaments. The best part IMO is the fact that you start with $2500 chips in all the big tournaments.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:28 PM

Pokerstars tourneys definitely have the best structures, in both SNGs and multi's. However, they are considerably tougher than party's. I personally have not done very well at pokerstars, and have given up playing there for the most part because of it. I have done best at paradise and stars, and have chosen to go where the money is. It's up to you, but you won't find more bad players at one site than you will at party, that's for sure. Party's SNG structures really suck, but their no limit multi's are somewhat better. Some swear by them, you can read a lengthy discussion about the whole subject in a post started by myself entitled "POLL / discussion on SNGs / tourneys / win rates / misc online (long) " on the tourney forum back on 09/06/03 04:42 PM. [if someone would please tell me how to put the link in, I would appreciate it]

al
Old 09-19-2003, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[if someone would please tell me how to put the link in, I would appreciate it]
al

[/ QUOTE ]

In the window below where you write posts, theres a set of links labeled "Instant UBB Code" (right next to the "Instant Gremlins" icons). Click the URL button there.