Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2003, 02:29 PM

Default A Hand for Clarkmeister

OK Clarkmeister, I promised to post MY skirt wearin hand
so flame along!

Semi-passive game. 2 limpers in e-m pos. LAG but not stupid player two in front of me raises, I call on button with 2 red 6's, SB an old passive asian man calls, 5 players for 2 bets.

Flop: 2s, 6s, Kd

Checked to LAG, I raise, SB cold calls, MP limper cold calls, raise raise etc 4 players for five bet cap.
Pot is 15BB

Turn: (2s, 6s, Kd) Kc

I love this card. chk, chk, Lag bets, I raise, SB coldcalls! I instantly say to myself "GOOD there's the other king", MP folds, Just before the LAG 3bets it he says
something about a specific spade on the river. UHOH>>>> he want's to hit the Jackpot and he's 3 betting me, [censored] he has quads, Whats old man doin in hear?....I frustratingly call only and ask for a 6!

River: blank, check check....is he trying to give me a break?....ok I check.

ahhh but for my title and intent of post you've figured out I WAS wearing a skirt as LAG had AK. Jeez I left
3-4 BB or more on the table!

Clark, will a nice Navy blue go with my eyes?

Old 07-14-2003, 04:50 PM

Default Re: A Hand for Clarkmeister

I know that the point of the post was your river play. I wont comment on that.

What caught my eye is your comment "good, there's the other King" when the sb coldcalled your turn raise. I presume that you took this as good news as it now means that the bettor can't have quads.

My comment on that:

Firstly, sb could easily be on a spade draw which would be great for you. Secondly, you would rather that he not have the other King as that leaves you with 3 additional bad cards that you have to avoid on the river. Worse, those three additional bad cards would be unknown to you. Against one opponent with a King, there are 7 bad river cards for you. Against two opponents, there are 10 bad cards (unless they both have the same kicker).

Yes, if someone coldcalls your raise, that reduces the chances of the bettor having quads but overall, you ought to be a little more nervous when the sb coldcalls *if* you think that he would not coldcall with a flush draw (although I don't know many players who would fold a flush draw for 2 turn bets in a pot this size).
Old 07-14-2003, 04:54 PM

Default Re: A Hand for Clarkmeister

I completely agree with everything you said SKP.

But what color should I wear?