Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Lots of Action in family pot with A9s

BB is loose-nothing. 45/8/0.9 over 700 hands.
Button is a loose-passive. 55/12/0.5 over 430 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button types "I hope one of you hit the straight", then raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

I think I should have folded this flop. RIO and all that junk.

I am getting different advice from players I respect on how to handle the turn.

I think I have button beat fairly often on the river. Unfortunatly his raise hurt the pot odds I was getting vs BB and reopened the action. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Thoughts?

Final Pot: 22 BB
Old 11-22-2005, 10:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Lots of Action in family pot with A9s

i think i fold the flop when its 2 more back to you and still 4 ways. i dont know if thats right. i like it everywhere else though
Old 11-23-2005, 12:37 AM

This is a really tough hand. I tried to find a fold before the river but I can't bring myself to it until the time that you did.

One suggestion for the turn is to simply lead out; see how BB reacts to it plus the rest of the field. Are they "tamed" by the ace and/or three-flush (the latter being extremely common for 3/6)? The question, then, is what do we do against a raise? Trying to see how we could call a raise on the turn if we lead into it.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 AM

Why is this posted twice?

&lt;-- Nice post count [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]