Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Two Short-handed hands

Villain is 53/3/0.7 after 30 hands.

I have no idea what to do here from the turn forward.

---

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

======================================

Villain is unknown in this hand: 9 hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

---

There's a few things that I could do in this hand: maybe raise the turn for a free showdown (that might not work in this hand due to the river card if opponent has a pair, but oh well), and maybe just fold the turn. My preflop and flop play was specifically chosen to punish overcards.

Of course, if I'm three-bet on the turn I can fold.

However, I think maybe a better line would have been to cap preflop, bet the flop and turn and take a free showdown.

It's tough to say.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Two Short-handed hands

Hand #1 I think you lead the turn because YHIG too often.

Hand #2 is kinda tough when you don't know if villian is capable of a re-steal or not. The PF cap wouldn't really accomplish much because you're not getting a cheap showdown anyway if he has a bigger pair. I don't think AK is hardly ever 3-betting that flop, and I feel like a turn fold is ok as weak as that sounds, although I'd probably just call down from the flop on in the heat of action.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 AM

Hand 1: I woulda bet/fold this turn.

Hand 2: Capped PF and then go from there. SB might lead out anyway and you're in the same situation you were in before.

I think you need to just calldown. Maybe someone can find a fold.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:09 AM

hand #1: i like how it was played against an aggressive player. that is a bluff flush draw waiting to happend. save the BB to see showdown. bet/fold IMO is not an option though a someone could limp with A6, there are too many other hands he could have.

hand #2: gotta cap preflop. if he leads into you again: read based from there. raise the turn only if you're sureyou can get the free showdown. he could 3-bet with smaller pocket or AK and think you're on a flush draw.