Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 05:07 PM

Default not a bad beat post

400nl on party. I dont know villan too well but I am told he is a bit fishy. I have JT spades in the sb. Effective stack is 400.

Villan raises to 12 in MP1. I call from sb. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check villan checks.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet 15. Villan makes it 30. This seems a bit suspicious after flop action. I call.

River is the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] putting the 4 flush out. I check (probably should have bet right?) planning to check raise. I never get the chance, villan moves in for 400 into 86 pot. Im about to call, then I remebr all the weird things. The check behind, the min raise, and how fish like to do these things with monsters. Clock is down to 6 and I cant decide.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: not a bad beat post

You just need to figure out if villain is capable of doing this with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. From his point of view, if you had a boat you had it on the turn, and you're not going to play two streets so passively with a boat. That said, does look an awful lot like KK, doesn't it?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:39 PM

If hes equally willing to play the hand this way with the flush or KK, then you have to call. I think its more likely to be the flush than KK and he could also have AA with the Ac....Im calling (especially since you said hes a bit fishy)
Old 10-10-2005, 05:40 PM

Why would villain check the flop? Even if he has the nut, a set of kings, he is giving a free card to many possible straight and flush draws. AQ, q10, 10,9
Maybe he raised pf with 10,10 and made 10s full on river, raising on turn cause he thought maybe his 10s were good because you would have bet the flop with a K or J?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would villain check the flop? Even if he has the nut, a set of kings, he is giving a free card to many possible straight and flush draws. AQ, q10, 10,9
Maybe he raised pf with 10,10 and made 10s full on river, raising on turn cause he thought maybe his 10s were good because you would have bet the flop with a K or J?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all true and may in fact be correct but fish do give free cards when they flop strong but beatable hands becuase they are fish.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:01 PM

You called and lost to a royal?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You called and lost to a royal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have JT spades

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
This bugs me more than it should.