Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Is it safe to fold here?

MP1 is a donktified moron, and I gotta assume everyone knows it(about 45/17/3). From my recollection, SB is your average 20/40er (SL - borderline btwn P/A)

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Is it safe to fold here?

When you say MP1 is a moron, do you mean MP2?

Anyway, I would bet the turn here. I understand you were going for a check-raise, but I'd much rather bet, have MP2 raise with whatever crap he has, and hopefully push SB off his draw instead of trying to trap them both in there. The pot is big enough that when my magic card falls, I'm much more interested in winning it than building it up even more.

Anyway, given what actually happened, you are now faced with a tough decision, but I believe you have to fold.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:27 PM

You're right, MP2.

Interesting line, but I disagree. First, MP2 can't be counted on to raise, but can be counted on to bet. If I bet out here, what I anticipate happening is that I get two calls. OTOH, I may lose MP2 entirely, and considering that I'll likely be able to get him in for 2 bets drawing slim if I get him for one, I want to go for that. Going for the chk/rz I often get two bets out of both players.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 PM

I don't have a problem with going for the c/r, but i dont think i fold for 2 bets here. This action does not neccesarily dicate that you are beat.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 PM

I was thinking that the non-donk hit a Q, and is raising to clear everyone out, so he can take the donk on HU. Is this ever a 3 bet preflop?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 PM

I was thinking that the non-donk hit a Q, or something along those lines and is raising to clear everyone out, so he can take the donk on HU. Is this ever a 3 bet preflop?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:07 PM

Anyone fold this flop?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:50 PM

Not with 2 overcards and a backdoor flush draw, but I def. bet the turn.

I agree that the board is not that good for his hand tho, because even if he does hit a pair on the turn he might still end up losing on the river and he might already be drawing preety slim (backdoor only). So I guess a fold is not that bad if you're not going to be out the turn when you hit your pair.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone fold this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have if the flop was diamond-less. Am I wrong or right?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone fold this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have if the flop was diamond-less. Am I wrong or right?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 14SBs in this pot, MP2 would have bet any two checked to him and MP2 is also always good for 2BBs on a chk/rz turn. Only the SB is also interested in this pot, and with a 3-card str8, that's not surprising. This is a pretty nice spot to call with a couple of overs (with or w/o diamonds). Also, diamonds are only good for 1 more out (though a nut out). I am kinda thinking it would have been good to call down, but basically he has one of the 2 remaining Qs OR he has me beat, right? (or semi-bluffing) I don't know. The rest of the hand went as predicted, MP2 calls the turn and folds the river. This one hand left a bad taste in my mouth as I think I might have been bet out of this one.

CSC