Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 11:25 PM

Default I do not have a learning disorder after all. For Bob T.

This forum is helping this over-agressive newbie straighten out his game (yes, I'm talking about myself in the 3rd person...ok, ok, I'll save that for the 'Psychology' section) on to the hand:

I'm in the CO w/6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
4 limps to me, I limp, button limps SB completes, BB checks.
8 is enough to the flop

Flop: 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

Well, I've got a terrible flush draw, and a gut-shot.

BB bets out, 3 callers (12 SBs) so I call! Button calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] [5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]]

BINGO!

BB checks, MP bets, I raise, all fold, MP calls.
River was a blank and my Straight pays off!

Also I would like to report that I got up 10BBs and got OUT!! Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 PM

Default Re: I do not have a learning disorder after all. For Bob T.

Looks good, except I would have raised the flop for value and to possibly get a free card if I missed on the turn and it was checked to me.

-- Homer
Old 05-08-2003, 04:05 AM

Homer is right, after there were all of those callers, in late position, and you have potentially 12 outs on the turn, I think you have a value / free care raise on the flop. It is so hard to find the balance here, but I like the fact that you are trying something besides blasting away at any draw. If the bet had come from your immediate right, then you would probably want to call, to allow more players in and give you better odds on your draw.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:05 AM

Raising the flop went through my head, however, I didn't want to get re-raise by a higher flush draw since I was not drawing to the 'nuts'. Unless a 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] hit. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 10:39 AM

Flop: 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

Well, I've got a terrible flush draw, and a gut-shot

Uhhhhh.....what kinda flop were you looking for? This seems like a great one to me....

Allan
Old 05-08-2003, 10:44 AM

I agree with everything that Homer and Bob T. said. I'm glad to see that that you are learning from the forum. I have learned a ton.

I'm getting wary of sitting down at a table across from you.

Lastly, start looking at other's posts think about them and think how you would respond. After a while, start posting your responses and see how they agree or don't agree with others. This is also a very valuable learning experience.

My 1st post was January 27, 2003, and Homer was the first one to respond to it. My game has improved tremedously since then, but I've still got a lot to learn. I've gone from playing 1/2 online and 3/6 live to 5/10 online and 10/20 live. Back then I could beat the 1/2 online, but not the 2/4, now (with some big ups and downs) I'm winning, but not by enough, at the higher limits.

Good luck and good cards.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:55 AM

Oh, it was a great flop, don't get me wrong. I get scared when drawing to a very low flush draw, thus the negative comment (This is the reason I usually muck these hands, now I'm trying to play them when warranted), I see a bunch of Kxs, Qxs, sucking out in early postion all the time. I was very happy to see the str8 come out, and no third heart on the turn.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:53 AM

I get scared when drawing to a very low flush draw, thus the negative comment (This is the reason I usually muck these hands, now I'm trying to play them when warranted)

If you don't like drawing to a baby flush, why play baby flush cards?

-Scott
Old 05-08-2003, 01:05 PM

I was in position to do so here. Plus, I have to learn HOW to play these baby-connector/1-gappers draws when the pot odds warrant to do so (I used to NEVER play them), I'm trying to learn how to such hands, thus the post.