Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 06:47 PM

Default $6-$12 hand KK UTG

$6-12 game at Lucky Chances Sunday afternoon.

I've got KK UTG and raise. 1 LP caller and BB calls.

Flop comes 265, suits not relevant.

I say something like "well, I'm glad I raised with my 66" and bet out. LP player folds, BB raises. I figure he could have a set, A6, AA, QQ, JJ, TT, or 65 (though I don't think he would have called in the BB with this). I reraise to see if I can figure out which. He caps it. I don't know this player, and he's only been at the table for about 30 minutes, but I haven't seen him do anything that made me raise an eyebrow. I call the cap (does anyone lay it down here?).

Turn is a 6. Uh oh. BB checks. I bet. Am I the biggest idiot ever? (that was for the Clerks fans in the house). BB calls.

River is a blank. BB checks, I bet, BB check-raises. I sigh deeply and call, given the size of the pot.

BB turns over 66. I laugh at the irony of declaring I had his exact hand on the flop, and I thank my lucky stars that a K didn't come on the river because there is no cap on raising heads up.

I think I misplayed everything after he capped the flop. I think should have folded there (this is actually my biggest question, does anyone/everyone else fold here?). I certainly should hace checked it through on the turn, and given that I bet, I should have checked it through on the river. His checking to me on the turn sucked 3 additional big bets out of me.

Comments? Or alternately, just point at me and call me names.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: $6-$12 hand KK UTG

Am I the biggest idiot ever?

I hate to say it, but you probably tie with me. With an unknown player, I may very well have played it the same way, although after capping the flop, I would have been pretty suspicios of the action on the turn, and might have made a check on the river.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:27 PM

Default Re: $6-$12 hand KK UTG

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I hate to say it, but you probably tie with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit. I can't win at anything. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]